Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Feeling the pain....

Feeling the pain....

Old Jul 11th 2012, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

mavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud of
Default Feeling the pain....

Jut after a virtual hug...my husband moved to Queensland a few weeks ago and I follow with the kids in a couple of weeks. Packers come tomorrow and I have just started the 'goodbye rounds'. Jesus it hurts

Sometimes I wonder if it is just easier to go without saying goodbye. I am such a wimp.

Mav
Old Jul 11th 2012, 8:31 pm
👽

Hel83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feeling the pain....

My other half left for Brisbane beginning of March. Me and the kids follow Sep/Oct time. Not looking forward to the goodbyes! I feel your pain! I'm sure your husband will be waiting to give you actual hugs when you arrive.
Hope it's not all too upsetting! Good luck
Old Jul 11th 2012, 8:32 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mavine1
Jut after a virtual hug...my husband moved to Queensland a few weeks ago and I follow with the kids in a couple of weeks. Packers come tomorrow and I have just started the 'goodbye rounds'. Jesus it hurts

Sometimes I wonder if it is just easier to go without saying goodbye. I am such a wimp.

Mav
Sending Hugs and Good Luck wishes
Old Jul 11th 2012, 8:57 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

(((hugs)))

It hurts while you're doing it, but in a few days you'll be with your OH and glad you took the time to say goodbye to everyone properly
Old Jul 11th 2012, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

mavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kapri
(((hugs)))

It hurts while you're doing it, but in a few days you'll be with your OH and glad you took the time to say goodbye to everyone properly
Thank you and I hope so...it's very hard doing it on my own till not long now...have a feeling I will be boring people with my post over the next few weeks
Old Jul 11th 2012, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

..(((((((((((((((((((( hug))))))))))))))))

you're lucky... I'm not usually a touchy feely person
Old Jul 17th 2012, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

blondiefee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope it all goes well {{hugs and positive thoughts}}
Old Jul 17th 2012, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all

Hugs, I feel your pain, I wanted to sneak off quietly and the goodbyes were painful but you will be glad you did them xx
Old Jul 17th 2012, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Tim86 is an unknown quantity at this point

its not good bye for ever! they will no doubt all want to come and visit you, and of course you can visit them!

good luck! stay positive!
Old Jul 17th 2012, 12:03 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tim86
its not good bye for ever! they will no doubt all want to come and visit you, and of course you can visit them!

good luck! stay positive!
lol, yeah right. Well I guess it happens for some people.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

I'm definitely feeling your pain! I've started the goodbye lunches, nights out etc - very stressful! One of my friend's parting shot to me was "Enjoy your life" - that set me off big time - seemed so final - I cried for an hour! Can't wait to be on the plane and for all the goodbyes to be over! 34 days to go! Big hugs to you Mav! x
Old Jul 17th 2012, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

It's so hard isn't it? My family aren't coping at all which makes it doubly hard. I am at the point of just giving them space now. My husband isn't here so no support....

2 weeks to go....
Old Jul 17th 2012, 6:45 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Look,it's not like yer moving to Perth
Old Jul 17th 2012, 8:11 pm
Planning for the future

Emma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mavine1
It's so hard isn't it? My family aren't coping at all which makes it doubly hard. I am at the point of just giving them space now. My husband isn't here so no support....

2 weeks to go....
I'm sure they'll come around. Keep your chin up and just remember the reasons why you're dong it ..... You are the only driver of your destiny, no one else, keep positive and good luck )))
Old Jul 18th 2012, 12:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you say your goodbyes before you get to the airport- nothing worse than getting through security and onto a plane when you are all emotional.

((hugs))

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.