Reload this Page >

Feeling fed up !

Feeling fed up !

Old Jun 7th 2004, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

nibblo will become famous soon enoughnibblo will become famous soon enough
Default Feeling fed up !

Hi everyone
Just wanted to talk to somone - husbands gone night fishing and i've drowned my sorrows with a bottle of wine (australian I might add!) Just watched Emigrate 2003 video and now wondering what we are doing - usual worries of family/friends etc can we REALLY hack it! Plese tell me other people are feeling like this too!
cheers
Nibblo
Old Jun 7th 2004, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

bored brit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feeling fed up !

Originally posted by nibblo
Hi everyone
Just wanted to talk to somone - husbands gone night fishing and i've drowned my sorrows with a bottle of wine (australian I might add!) Just watched Emigrate 2003 video and now wondering what we are doing - usual worries of family/friends etc can we REALLY hack it! Plese tell me other people are feeling like this too!
cheers
Nibblo
Every day of the week but keep your chin up and everything will be allright
Old Jun 7th 2004, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Hi everyone
cheers
Nibblo

Hi Nibblo

I think that we all have doubts at times, but at the end of the day having got as far having a visa it has to at least be worth giving it a go for 2 years. The problem comes when we move out of our comfort zone, but how many people do you know who have done the same thing day in and day out for the last 50 years. Life is for living!!!

Just remember all the positive things about OZ, whilst remembering that it is no Eutopia but it is (in my opinion) a place I would rather be than the UK

When are you going and where ???

Dave
Old Jun 7th 2004, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Guys
Thanks for the pick me up - the roller coaster of emotions is terrible sometimes. We are only at the beginning - waiting for TRA assessment to come back (STNI) but hopefully going to Melbourne.
Nibblo
Old Jun 7th 2004, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Hi Guys
Thanks for the pick me up - the roller coaster of emotions is terrible sometimes. We are only at the beginning - waiting for TRA assessment to come back (STNI) but hopefully going to Melbourne.
Nibblo

There are ups and downs a plenty, but isnt that the same in normal life?!

I am moving out aware of the fact we will undoubtably suffer an element of homesickness, that there will be a period last probably 12 months of culture shock (even though the culture isnt that different).

In my opinion it is best to know the obstacles as it helps to prepare for them and where possible avoid them.

Longer term though I am hoping that I will be very happy in OZ and I will look back on the moments of indecision and worry about the move, and think "thank god we didnt bottle it"

Off to Perth in Jan 05

Dave
Old Jun 7th 2004, 11:02 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Hi everyone
cheers
Nibblo
I've had the same fealings but my Hubby is an Oz and has been here for near on 4 years and I just think he has done it and started a new life over here so it cant be too hard.

Everyone who is considering moving to Oz is doing it for their own reasons so it has gotta be worth a try. The grass may not be greener on the other side but if we dont try we'll never know.

so give it a go and if it doesn't work out what have you really lost out on.Maybe a bit of money but at least you can hold your head high and say you had the guts to try it.

Good luck with your visa
Kala
Old Jun 7th 2004, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

so give it a go and if it doesn't work out what have you really lost out on.Maybe a bit of money but at least you can hold your head high and say you had the guts to try it.

COULDNT AGREE MORE!
Old Jun 7th 2004, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
We both keep telling ourselves 'good on us' for giving it a go - at least we won't be pensioners asking ourselves ' I wonder what it would have been like?' - doesn't stop us from being scared sh**less though!
Cheers
Nibblo
Old Jun 7th 2004, 11:07 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I just had breakfast out on the decking here in Melbourne Nibblo, this is the view Ive got, its great on a nice sunny day. Cheer up & go for it.
Attached Thumbnails Feeling fed up !-view-decking.jpg  
Old Jun 7th 2004, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Bordy
That's the sort of things that keeps me going - that and the thought of having to stay in cold,expensive england until i'm 90 yrs old (no thankyou).
Hope to see melbourne next year (finger crossed)
Nibblo
Old Jun 7th 2004, 11:17 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Bordy
I just had breakfast out on the decking here in Melbourne Nibblo, this is the view Ive got, its great on a nice sunny day. Cheer up & go for it.
Now that picture is just rubbing it in!!!

Wanna be there and wanna be there NOW

I could send you a picture of the Smog hangin over London due to 1 day of sun but I'm sure you get the picture.

30 degrees tomorrow so all of us still waiting for visa's can close our eyes and pretend we are in Oz.

Kala
Old Jun 7th 2004, 11:17 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Bordy,
Do you think you could get Hevs over to cut down some of those trees blocking the view ?
Perhaps you could pretend you are having a tupperware party.
Old Jun 7th 2004, 11:31 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Bix
Bordy,
Do you think you could get Hevs over to cut down some of those trees blocking the view ?
Perhaps you could pretend you are having a tupperware party.

Now that is a GOOD idea, I'd gladly have a tupperware party if Hevs did that.
Old Jun 7th 2004, 11:53 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice
Default hi

G,day Bordy
yoohoo can you see me? im having my honey on toast on the balcony dear can you see me helloooo, im giving you a wave my dear man...
Well not quite, but sometime next week when we get the keys for the new house we will call round.
Lovely day isnt it by the way !!!!
Old Jun 7th 2004, 11:57 pm
mickj

Don't they have lawn mover out there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.