Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fed-Up..Need to get out

Fed-Up..Need to get out

Old Jan 8th 2012, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

mark2004uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Fed-Up..Need to get out

I am so fed up here in the UK and really need to get out fast. What is the fastest was go get my ass out of the UK to Oz ?

I work in the radio industry part time and during the day im a media tech at a high school, I can also pull a good pint behind a bar.

Any Help Or Advise on how to get to Oz asap would be good, anyone know if any radio stations would like a presenter with a lancashire accent?
Old Jan 8th 2012, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fed-Up..Need to get out

1year long working holiday visa if 30 and under.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
1year long working holiday visa if 30 and under.
+1. Probably your only option tbh.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 6:58 pm
Lifestyle Development

balkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the rough

Or study for personal or professional development, including media, with work rights, open for all ages.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

naomilondon is just really nicenaomilondon is just really nicenaomilondon is just really nicenaomilondon is just really nicenaomilondon is just really nicenaomilondon is just really nicenaomilondon is just really nicenaomilondon is just really nice

Arrange a one year work and travel visa! Book a flight, a few nights in a hostel to get you started then enjoy the adventure! I did this through the work and travel company in 2005, they set up my Oz bank account and got me a Tax file number so I could work as soon as I arrived, you could do this on your own I am sure without paying a company to do it. Met loads of people, shared a camper van up the east coast and had a fab time, get out there!!!
Old Jan 8th 2012, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a skill oz wants? If not marry some one who has pronto and get in on her visa....

Seriously... Are you looking for a permanant move or a temporary solution? How long are you prepared to wait? Long enough to train to be something useful? A skill on demand?

I did my nurse training withnpeople who honestly had no intention of ever working in the uk as a nurse, their entire reason for doing it was for their visa... They had a long term plan.... Hardly ethical, imho, with the government paying them a bursary.... But heck... There was nothing to stop them doing it.. And I came out too... After doing my bit for the nhs
Old Jan 8th 2012, 7:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark2004uk
I am so fed up here in the UK and really need to get out fast. What is the fastest was go get my ass out of the UK to Oz ?

I work in the radio industry part time and during the day im a media tech at a high school, I can also pull a good pint behind a bar.

Any Help Or Advise on how to get to Oz asap would be good, anyone know if any radio stations would like a presenter with a lancashire accent?
Coming to Australia cos you want to come to Australia is usually more successful than coming cos you just want to leave the UK. Virtually every problem the UK has is here as well.......
Old Jan 8th 2012, 11:59 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Coming to Australia cos you want to come to Australia is usually more successful than coming cos you just want to leave the UK. Virtually every problem the UK has is here as well.......
And ones you didn't have as well.....
Old Jan 9th 2012, 12:28 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

How much time have you spent here in the past ? I assume you have been here before ?
Old Jan 9th 2012, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Brisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to behold

There are many other places you can live and go to with a UK passport without the hassle.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 6:49 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Most Australian radio stations prefer announcers with bogan Australian accents. You would need to be a novelty presenter and if you could swing being gay you might double your chances.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 8:53 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

What - with bananas the price they are?

( sorry - in joke on BE!)

TBH mate its getting harder and harder in some ways and easier and easier in others. Would you believe there is a migrant category for picture framing? Do a six week course at the local tech school, pop down to the local art gallery and photograph someone elses frames, and bingo, you are here!

The best options are a working holiday visa, or marrying someone.

Last edited by slapphead_otool; Jan 9th 2012 at 9:12 am.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 9:08 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Go to Cyprus (the flight is less gruelling for one thing) knock a random Aussie bird up, sign some forms, come to Oz, get married.

Seemed really simple at the time.

Good luck.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 12:20 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Go to Cyprus (the flight is less gruelling for one thing) knock a random Aussie bird up, sign some forms, come to Oz, get married.

Seemed really simple at the time.

Good luck.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

mark2004uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brissybee
Most Australian radio stations prefer announcers with bogan Australian accents. You would need to be a novelty presenter and if you could swing being gay you might double your chances.
BINGO !

Well a lancashire accent is novelty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.