Reload this Page >

February 2009 New House sales figures

February 2009 New House sales figures

Old Mar 31st 2009, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: February 2009 New House sales figures

Originally Posted by brendarover
Yep, buying a IOU bank slavebox flat or house, being duped into it by the bribe to buy first time grant.

February 2009 New House sales figures - The good news should read

"First time buyers realise they are being bribed with the get a house quick bribe" So they are shunning the whole charade and not buying into the whole over inflated ponzi housing market in Queensland, so not keeping the bubble going?
" slavebox " i like that
Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:14 pm
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

You won't need super .........if you become unemployed , swan has just struck a deal with the 4 major banks to defer mortgage payments.... at the moment for the first 12mths....but if things do deteriorate then yes theres always super. .

so most people covered what ever.......unlike the uk.

plumb.....
Old Mar 31st 2009, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pingpong
Why when the market is crashing and buyers will be immediately thrown into negative equity? All this ramping of the property market by the vested interests, developers, RE agents should be banned. Its this kind of crap that grew the property bubble in the first place.
Yeah but negative equity will only effect you if you intend selling within a couple of years..............for those that are looking at getting their first place to settle down its the best time.
Trouble is nowadays everyone wants to buy a house then make big bucks on it within a short period of time.
I can quite clearly remember when hous prices crashed in the UK in 1991/1992.

Didnt bother me in the slightest..............I had a 40,000 (GBP) loan and the property was suddenly valued at 28,000(GBP)
I just stayed where I was!!
Old Apr 1st 2009, 12:40 am
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I dont remember the Telefon, are you sure it wasn't restricted to Queensland. I dont doubt your unemployment figures either, it was the one time in my life that I was unemployed. For 6 months after taking a package from the Gas and Fuel here in Vic. It was very disheartening, I was over 40 and for a while I suspected I would never gain full time employment again.

Thing is I dont remember that recession causing house prices to drop. If they did, there wasnt a great deal of media hype about it.

Thats why I posted, I would think the unemployment would have to be worse than anything we've seen before to affect in a major way house prices in Aus. particularly with the mass Superannuation safety net that Australia seems to uniquely have.

The difference this time is that house prices are completely out of control now. They have never been so expensive in comparison to wages; that is what the problem is.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 12:46 am
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Denial ??

Prices have come down, I have never denied it !

I should hope that you do believe they will come down.
It has been happening for ages, in many areas, and if you think it hasn't, then ... well, umm....

Western Sydney for example has seen drops of about 30%, or even more for some properties.

I do however feel that those properties may not drop much further, if at all.

$250,000 for a 3 bed house within 1 hour of Sydney CBD, You surely can't expect that to drop much further, can you ?
Say $250,000 very slowly and just think about it. That is a lot of money....and YES I DO EXPECT THAT TO DROP MUCH FURTHER. Infact I expect it to drop to 3 x average salary level (which we no doubt will be quoted soon)

You told us recently (in between all the reams of quoting statistics and figures etc etc) that you have property in Sydney...but sorry ABCwhatever the only way is DOWN.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 4:32 am
Banned

brendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tooterelli
Say $250,000 very slowly and just think about it. That is a lot of money....and YES I DO EXPECT THAT TO DROP MUCH FURTHER. Infact I expect it to drop to 3 x average salary level (which we no doubt will be quoted soon)
Thats just it; $250,000, what can you get for that, Nowt? Yet $50,000 i bet i the average wage in say Queensland, so 5 times $50,000 and guess what you get?

Lets not forget 5 times is well above the long term trend, Five f0000king times, hang on i nead a lie down, and guess what you will get for that?

Keep repeating it after me?

5 times equals $250,000, and guess what you will get for that, nowt?

Sooner or later it will click for you so you will have caught on, this bubble, is the biggest bubble in the history of bubbles, it bubbletastic?
Old Apr 1st 2009, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

lastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nice

Thats just it; $250,000, what can you get for that, Nowt? Yet $50,000 i bet i the average wage in say Queensland, so 5 times $50,000 and guess what you get?

Lets not forget 5 times is well above the long term trend, Five f0000king times, hang on i nead a lie down, and guess what you will get for that?

Keep repeating it after me?

Sooner or later it will click for you so you will have caught on, this bubble, is the biggest bubble in the history of bubbles, it bubbletastic?
nice pic. is that you?
Old Apr 1st 2009, 5:37 am
Banned

brendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lastere
nice pic. is that you?
The missus, she don't know!

I have some of myself in that pose if you want one?

Last edited by brendarover; Apr 1st 2009 at 5:41 am.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

lastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nice

The missus, she don't know!

I have some of myself in that pose if you want one?
no thanks, you can keep it.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:08 am
Banned

Originally Posted by lastere
no thanks, you can keep it.
No probs but if you change your mind, i'm here, booty and all!
Old Apr 1st 2009, 10:54 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Tooterelli

You told us recently (in between all the reams of quoting statistics and figures etc etc) that you have property in Sydney...but sorry ABCwhatever the only way is DOWN.
Correct, and it did hit about $450,000 at one stage, but is now about $360,000 for a 5 bed house, within one hour of Sydney CBD.

So it has gone down.

You seem to be saying that I am saying that prices won't drop, yet they have, and I have said that they have

I don't see the problem, especially as this thread was not about prices, but about the number of properties being sold...

Old Apr 1st 2009, 11:11 am
ABCDiamond

Thats just it; $250,000, what can you get for that, Nowt?
An example of your NOWT...

3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1 garage

Asking price $259,000. 55 minutes by train to Sydney CBD.
Probable sale price will be just under $250,000, based on other sales in the area.

But it hasn't got a pool, and it only has ONE garage. I agree, it isn't really a proper house...

Average Male Full time Adult wage in NSW at Nov 2008 was $68,541.20.
Probably a bit higher in the Sydney area itself.

Old Apr 1st 2009, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Yeah but negative equity will only effect you if you intend selling within a couple of years..............for those that are looking at getting their first place to settle down its the best time.
Trouble is nowadays everyone wants to buy a house then make big bucks on it within a short period of time.
I can quite clearly remember when hous prices crashed in the UK in 1991/1992.

Didnt bother me in the slightest..............I had a 40,000 (GBP) loan and the property was suddenly valued at 28,000(GBP)
I just stayed where I was!!
That works if one is reasonably assured of not needing to move around, e.g. to chase employment, cope with family growth, etc. But first time home buyers are the least likely to have that assurance.

It's also worth having at least a glance at the longterm historical record. For Australia, see Nigel Stapledon's Real Home Price Index (found here, among other places, 1/2 way down the page).

It can be observed that after the price peaks in 1951-52, 1974, and 1990
- the subsequent price declines went on for 2-5 years;
- there were substantial trough periods (of 18, 14, and 9 years respectively) before prices again exceeded the previous peak.

This suggests that there is little risk for the potential first time home buyer in sitting out of the market for a year or two, and seeing how bad the shakeout gets.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 1:08 pm
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.realestate.com.au/objects...1238455449.jpg
Probable sale price will be just under $250,000, based on other sales in the area.

But it hasn't got a pool, and it only has ONE garage. I agree, it isn't really a proper house...

looks a good house for the price ,In perth add another $150,000
Old Apr 1st 2009, 2:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.realestate.com.au/objects...1238455449.jpg

Isn't household income the relevant issue here, rather than one fulltime adult wage ?

Any idea of the average household income in Australia.

I was off the understanding its circa 88,000 dollars.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.