Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Feb Financial Stimulus Package

The Feb Financial Stimulus Package

Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:08 am
ABCDiamond

Default The Feb Financial Stimulus Package

Friday 6th Feb
The senate enquiry has discovered that about $75 million of the Rudd Government's first $10.4 billion economic stimulus package went to Australians living overseas, and would not have been used to help the Australian economy.
This maybe the type of thing that they are trying to stop in this package.

The Greens leader has also declared that many lower paid, ie: those who worked but did not pay any tax, will not get the ATO $950 payment, and he wants this looked into.

It is expected that the senate enquiry will be finalised for a new vote on Thursday.

However, the Government has stated that this delay will cause a delay of one month for Centerlink to be able to re-schedule the payments.
This does seem odd to me, as they only took a few days to set it up originally.

Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:17 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Feb Financial Stimulus Package

The stimulus package is a joke. It's a short-lived bonus which I very much doubt will be injected back into the economy. I for one would take a chunk off my credit card.

I'm with Turnbull, so much so I'm very tempted to go for citizenship (which I've been putting off) just to get KRudd out of office...

Rob
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gonna spend all mine on the kids with educational stuff, then claim half back at tax time
Old Feb 6th 2009, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone told my daughter that the money is only for Australian citizens, do you know if this is true? She is still a permanent resident and is really hoping that she gets it as she had a car crash on Wednesday and needs the money to pay the excess on the insurance
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:41 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by mand8002
Someone told my daughter that the money is only for Australian citizens, do you know if this is true? She is still a permanent resident and is really hoping that she gets it as she had a car crash on Wednesday and needs the money to pay the excess on the insurance
Permanent Residents are included in those who would get it.
The current wording says that anyone that is Resident for Tax purposes will receive it. This also includes many "Temporary" Visa holders.

There will be some changes before it is finalised, but PR will still be treated the same as Citizens on this.

Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Permanent Residents are included in those who would get it.
The current wording says that anyone that is Resident for Tax purposes will receive it. This also includes many "Temporary" Visa holders.

There will be some changes before it is finalised, but PR will still be treated the same as Citizens on this.
She will be so relieved, thanks
Old Feb 6th 2009, 10:00 pm
ABCDiamond

I will just clarify this slightly:

Anyone that is Resident for Tax purposes and paid some tax in 2007/08 will receive it.