Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

feb 06 136 on modl

feb 06 136 on modl

Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:56 pm
Down under NOW ye ha

joe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to all
Red face feb 06 136 on modl

Just thought id post a thread, My wife and i sent off our application in feb (20th) to be exact, Karen my wife is a hairdresser and i a joiner, we are going off karens hairdressing through concept australia (Manchester) we were asked for meds and police checks on the 25th may, so we had xrays 30th meds 31st and they were sent off police checks just arrived back after 37 days the longest 37 days ever, and they were both clear!, posted them off to the agent on Thursday 6th july. House has just gone on the market fingers crossed xxxx. We are heading for Brisbane, Forestlake hopefully before the year is out, Any one else heading that way or any one roughly know how long now till visa is issued ?? we are also taken two dogs , we are now wanting some prices on shipping a 20ft container any help would be great many thanks

joe

Last edited by joe north east; Jul 9th 2006 at 7:59 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

joeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud of
Default Re: feb 06 136 on modl

Originally Posted by joe north east
Just thought id post a thread, My wife and i sent off our application in feb (20th) to be exact, Karen my wife is a hairdresser and i a joiner, we are going off karens hairdressing through concept australia (Manchester) we were asked for meds and police checks on the 25th may, so we had xrays 30th meds 31st and they were sent off police checks just arrived back after 37 days the longest 37 days ever, and they were both clear!, posted them off to the agent on Thursday 6th july. House has just gone on the market fingers crossed xxxx. We are heading for Brisbane, Forestlake hopefully before the year is out, Any one else heading that way or any one roughly know how long now till visa is issued ?? we are also taken two dogs , we are now wanting some prices on shipping a 20ft container any help would be great many thanks

joe
Hiya Joe

Well I reckon you should hopefully hear within the next couple of weeks.
We are also heading for Brisbane, around the Regents Park area which is not far from Forest lake. We hope to get there very early next year (Jan/Feb).
We have also used Concept Australia (Manchester) and found them to be really good. My husband is a brickie, so he is the main applicant (I am a civil servant and get 0 points!). Our house is going on the market on Monday.
So you never know, our paths may cross over in Oz!

Let us know when you get your visa and how you get on over in Forest lake.

Cheers and good luck with everything

Jo
(yes another one!)
Old Jul 9th 2006, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

YAFOLEY will become famous soon enoughYAFOLEY will become famous soon enough

joe
Hi Joe, we are February applicants also, 6th Feb appl lodged. We frontloaded meds/pc checks etc in April and still have heard nothing. We are hoping to get the call any day now cause our house has been sold since end of Feb!
The wait is such a killer but everyone keeps saying "all good things come to those who wait!!!!". We are from Dublin and are hoping to head to Perth sooner rather than later!
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Yvonne
Old Jul 10th 2006, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

steve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the rough

Hi Joe

We submitted visas on the 28th Feb and were granted the last week so you should be getting close. We frontloaded everything and also emailed them to chase up.

We too are going to Brisbane side, hopefully Gold Coast. Just had estimates for 20 ft Container £3800 and £4000. The insurance is a killer at nearly £1000.

Dogs, we are also taking two GSD's and the cost to get them over there we could all travel Business class and still have change. Still looking for best deal there. At the moment we are looking at about £6000 makes your eyes water. Still they are family.

It will all be worth it.

Steve
Old Jul 10th 2006, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=1#post3709199

more febs on the above thread. why not join in....and we'll all update each other.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 7:44 pm
Down under NOW ye ha

joe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to all

Hi Yvonne thanks for the reply looks like we are in about the same position apart from us needing to sell the house. We hope to hear about the visa in the next couple of weeks (i hope) Our friends in Brisbane have already got Christmas Dinner sorted for us its scarey but worth it, I hope you hear soon keep us informed how things are going and good luck

Joe

Originally Posted by YAFOLEY
Hi Joe, we are February applicants also, 6th Feb appl lodged. We frontloaded meds/pc checks etc in April and still have heard nothing. We are hoping to get the call any day now cause our house has been sold since end of Feb!
The wait is such a killer but everyone keeps saying "all good things come to those who wait!!!!". We are from Dublin and are hoping to head to Perth sooner rather than later!
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Yvonne
Old Jul 11th 2006, 7:50 pm
Down under NOW ye ha

Hi jo
thats 3 joes as our son is joe too, you never know me and your hubby might cross paths on the sites, Regents park is lovely we spent a month at forestlake last june and travelled round the suburbs its really nice hopefully we will all be living there very soon. Best of luck and lets us know how you,s get on

Joe

Originally Posted by joeyb
Hiya Joe

Well I reckon you should hopefully hear within the next couple of weeks.
We are also heading for Brisbane, around the Regents Park area which is not far from Forest lake. We hope to get there very early next year (Jan/Feb).
We have also used Concept Australia (Manchester) and found them to be really good. My husband is a brickie, so he is the main applicant (I am a civil servant and get 0 points!). Our house is going on the market on Monday.
So you never know, our paths may cross over in Oz!

Let us know when you get your visa and how you get on over in Forest lake.

Cheers and good luck with everything

Jo
(yes another one!)
Old Jul 29th 2006, 10:19 am
Down under NOW ye ha

Talking Re: feb 06 136 on modl

GOT IT today postie came at 8.00 am with recorded letter and there was our VISA YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHAAAAAAAAAA

joe
Old Jul 29th 2006, 10:36 am
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute

GOT IT today postie came at 8.00 am with recorded letter and there was our VISA YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHAAAAAAAAAA

CONGRATULATIONS

xRachx
Old Jul 29th 2006, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Well Done Joe....good feeling isn't it???????

Old Jul 29th 2006, 11:33 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: feb 06 136 on modl

Congratulations xxx
Old Jul 29th 2006, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

PAULCBE is an unknown quantity at this point

joe
Hi,

ASPC Email says they were checking feb 20 application only on july first week ( i am not sure exactlty , but july first or June Last week)

Then I wonder how you got it on May 25.?

Is it mean ASPC emails are not 100% accurate?

Regards

Paul
Old Jul 29th 2006, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to you and well done!!! Have a good night tonight celebrating
good luck with your move to Brisbane.
Lynne
Old Jul 29th 2006, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

joeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud of

Joe

Great news. You must be over the moon. See you around Forest Lake or Regents Park, eh?!!

Cheers and all the very best for your new life,

Jo
Old Jul 31st 2006, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

no longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to all
Red face Re: feb 06 136 on modl

hi we are just at the applying to the TRA do you have any advice,we are currently waiting on a refernece from the builder he served his apprentice ship with. do you think we really need to wait for it. he has all his certificates from college for 4 years and a ref from his currently and only employer for the past 13 years.

we also are heading to brisbane, just as soon as we can go...........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.