Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Favourable rates....£ at $2.32

Favourable rates....£ at $2.32

Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough
Default Favourable rates....£ at $2.32

Note sure whether been posted already today but £ doing quite well according to MoneyCorp (i know nothing about this kinda thing). The pound seems to be doing quite well at the moment have just spoken to MoneyCorp and they feel that now would be good time to get rid as they are expecting another cut in the £ later on in the year and a strengething pound.

Had a watch on at 2.35 and told bit optimistic, although possible today....

Moneycorp offered rate of 2.3050 but as soon as I told them was going to check out HIFX changed it to 2.31. Hope this helps guys.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Favourable rates....£ at $2.32

Just hit $2.3306......

If you go to http://www.hifx.co.uk/members/charts.asp and click on Instrument and GBPAUD you can get up to date info for anyone interested.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Still holding out but must make a decision soon!! Argh.

The secret (having done it once) is never to look at the exchange rate again after you have committed your cash!
Old Aug 8th 2005, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Were still holding out too! The problem is we exchange some last xmas at 2.5432 and anything else just dont compare!!
Still Im glad its improving and I cant be too greedy!
Irene
Old Aug 8th 2005, 10:47 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Jones Family

The secret (having done it once) is never to look at the exchange rate again after you have committed your cash!
Hehe - yea, I can see the logic there. It's like buying a new PC - if you keep on waiting for the 'next big thing', you'd never buy. Sometimes you just have to make the leap and not look back.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:28 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I got $2.30 last week. Fortunately I only paid in £100!!! I just wanted to activate my CBA transfer account and check it was all working.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Jones Family

Yeah I know what you mean I have been watching it for what seems like forever waiting to get the best rate...decided in the end that although it may go up at a later date which would be fantastic it would be more of a killer if it went really really low.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Storini will become famous soon enoughStorini will become famous soon enough

2.35 coming into sight, let's hope the trend continues...
Old Aug 9th 2005, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

The BBC website is a good one to watch

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/f...5/intraday.stm
Old Aug 9th 2005, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Four X will become famous soon enoughFour X will become famous soon enough

It is up to $2.34 on HIFX
Old Aug 9th 2005, 3:55 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

just hit 2.35088 on www.xe.com.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 3:58 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
just hit 2.35088 on www.xe.com.

So is this trend set to continue? Might we get back up to 2.5 or dare I hope, even higher? Any financial whizz-kids care to comment?
Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Storini will become famous soon enoughStorini will become famous soon enough

Some views on today's move in exchange rates here => http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5E1702,00.html
It now appears the next move in Oz interest rates will be down, and this is being factored into currency expectations.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

2.5+ would be nice, especially just before I pay my $100K capital investment bond.
Old Aug 10th 2005, 9:20 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Storini
Some views on today's move in exchange rates here => http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5E1702,00.html
It now appears the next move in Oz interest rates will be down, and this is being factored into currency expectations.
I know it isn't all down to interest rates but only a week or so ago the newspapers were predicting an interest rate rise in Aus followed by several more. But now they are saying it should hold steady. Similarly in the UK the 0.25% cut was expected and predicted to be the first of a few but that may not be the case anymore.

These things tend to be cyclical and I think it could rise a few cents more soon.

Personally if it got to 2.40 I would be happy to convert at that rate. I just wish I had the house sold a few months ago when I wrote on here that the then rate of 2.55 was a decent rate and worth locking into.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.