Fat Poms

Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:40 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold
Default Fat Poms

Are fat people allowed to immigrate to OZ. Is there a limit to how fat someone could be for example would morbidly obese people with a BMI over 40 not pass the medical requirements?
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:07 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fat Poms

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Are fat people allowed to immigrate to OZ. Is there a limit to how fat someone could be for example would morbidly obese people with a BMI over 40 not pass the medical requirements?
I can't see why they'd want to keep over weight people out considering how many fat Australians are already here...
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose it would depend on if the weight was affecting the persons health, otherwise no it wouldn't as it would be discriminating against over weight people. If the person was morbidly obese as you mentioned then I would presume that health would be affected. As for BMI this is not always true to weight issues as my friend who is very athletic, carries hardly any fat, came away from her doctors with a BMI reading of over 30, this was due to her small frame and heavy build due to extra muscle. So these tests are not always accurate. So which morbidly obese person do you know then?
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Do a search on the Immigration forum for BMI.

Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
I can't see why they'd want to keep over weight people out considering how many fat Australians are already here...

Just heard on the news that Australia is the 2nd Fattest country in the world :scared:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/061018/19/10yox.html
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:16 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Just heard on the news that Australia is the 2nd Fattest country in the world :scared:

Only 16%, bloody hell there must be a high concentration of them round here
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:16 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow... that's very sad.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Only 16%, bloody hell there must be a high concentration of them round here

The other half must be round this end
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Thought it'd be one of the requirements to be in as many many aussies are over weight
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:43 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think its a deal breaker. They look at your overall health as well I believe. It all about the long term drain on the health system. You are more likely to encounter many health issues when obese, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and some cancers.

As someone who really struggles with their weight I would advise anyone to try and shift a bit before the medicals and subsequent arrival here.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

On a related theme, I reckon a person's weight should be taken into consideration when it comes to baggage allowance on flights
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:58 am
is the donut hole

fnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud of

I thought a lot the Gulf States and pacific island countries were more obese? For example, I think almost 80% of the population of Nauru classified as obese.

Not sure I believe that news item.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by fnord
I thought a lot the Gulf States and pacific island countries were more obese? For example, I think almost 80% of the population of Nauru classified as obese.

Not sure I believe that news item.

Dunno mate TBH.

Too busy looking after my weight to worry about it really.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 11:17 am
is the donut hole

fnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud of

Dunno mate TBH.

Too busy looking after my weight to worry about it really.
LOL
Old Oct 18th 2006, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

amanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by northernbird
I don't think its a deal breaker. They look at your overall health as well I believe. It all about the long term drain on the health system. You are more likely to encounter many health issues when obese, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and some cancers.

As someone who really struggles with their weight I would advise anyone to try and shift a bit before the medicals and subsequent arrival here.
I have mentioned this before, overweight according to the charts is pretty odd anyway. I have a friend who is 12 stone but is a size 10...she is considered obese bizarrely but she is someone who trains a lot in the gym, doesnt have a centimetre you can pinch etc.

I store weight like I dont know what........like it worries that I wont ever feed it again........but am I unhealthy, most definitely not....am I fit...yup indeed, if I went to a gym I would be able to keep up with anyone in a spinning class or the like and can go like a trooper......so cant be unhealthy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.