Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fast Tracking 457->PR

Fast Tracking 457->PR

Old Dec 16th 2004, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough
Default Fast Tracking 457->PR

Been off this board for a while, but thought I'd share this with you people...

Been here about 2 3/4 years on a 457 with the wife and nippers. Went for an upgrade to PR. We are pretty lazy on the paperwork front, but the threat of $4500 school fees next year seemed to spur us on a bit.

Anyway to cut a long story short, once we got our paperwork in front of DIMIA they processed and approved the visa in 32 hours.

Quite happy about that...and now have a sore head.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 10:23 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fast Tracking 457->PR

Originally Posted by RichS

Been here about 2 3/4 years on a 457 with the wife and nippers. Went for an upgrade to PR. We are pretty lazy on the paperwork front, but the threat of $4500 school fees next year seemed to spur us on a bit.

Anyway to cut a long story short, once we got our paperwork in front of DIMIA they processed and approved the visa in 32 hours.

nice one, hope that happens for us!
Did you do it all yourself or use an agent?
Was it a skilled visa you went for, and if so did you haveto leave the country to have it put into your passport?

laura
xx
Old Dec 16th 2004, 10:30 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

God, thats good!!
Can you tell us the process please?

Cas
Old Dec 16th 2004, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Obviously as we are on a 457 I lodged the application in person here in Aus.

No need to use an agent. Yes it was a skilled visa (and I'm going to use the N word here). The wife is a nurse.

Simply put if you apply here you lodge the whole thing in one go, so none of this waiting for DIMIA to ask you to do meds etc. Just get the forms. Talk to DIMIA, get a case officer and ask them about exactly what they are looking for. They sent me an email with all the forms and a list of things they required. From there it was down to us to get it all done and submit the things. In the end I was being chased up by the case officer to lodge the application!

The only use I could see for an agent would be if we had a case with potential complications.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 10:55 pm
Account Closed

No need to use an agent. Yes it was a skilled visa (and I'm going to use the N word here). The wife is a nurse.

Simply put if you apply here you lodge the whole thing in one go, so none of this waiting for DIMIA to ask you to do meds etc. Just get the forms. Talk to DIMIA, get a case officer and ask them about exactly what they are looking for. They sent me an email with all the forms and a list of things they required. From there it was down to us to get it all done and submit the things. In the end I was being chased up by the case officer to lodge the application!

The only use I could see for an agent would be if we had a case with potential complications.
Cheers Rich, I am a nurse too, where does your wife work?
I've got a job with NorthWestern MH.

Thanks for the info - I will be applying for PR soon as I settle down.

Did you go into DIMIA itself, or ring/email them?

As I waiting this very minute (literally) for my 45, will I have to have repeat meds and police check done - English and Aus, or just Aus?

Sorry about all the questions - really need to find out the best way to do this.

Cas
Old Dec 16th 2004, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Cheers Rich, I am a nurse too, where does your wife work?
I've got a job with NorthWestern MH.

Thanks for the info - I will be applying for PR soon as I settle down.

Did you go into DIMIA itself, or ring/email them?

As I waiting this very minute (literally) for my 45, will I have to have repeat meds and police check done - English and Aus, or just Aus?

Sorry about all the questions - really need to find out the best way to do this.

Cas

Have sent you a PM
Old Dec 16th 2004, 11:33 pm
Account Closed

Have sent you a PM
Thanks Rich
Old Dec 17th 2004, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Thanks Rich
Cas,

You should now be the proud owner of a ton of info wot I mailed you. Its all you'll need I think.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 12:06 am
Account Closed

Cas,

You should now be the proud owner of a ton of info wot I mailed you. Its all you'll need I think.
Thanks very much!!
I'll read it later
Cas x
Old Dec 17th 2004, 12:27 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

If you applied for Employer Nomination onshore (ENS), then congratulations. Yours worked out quite easily. ENS is normally processed quite quickly anyway.

However a lot of ENS cases in different circumstances end up in a complete mess, agents see these all the time.

Jeremy