Fast Tracking

Old Jul 26th 2004, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

JDuhig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fast Tracking

During discussions about immigrating to Australia I keep hearing the term fast tracking - can anyone explain what this means? Does it relate to the place you go to? e.g areas that the government are trying to increase the population? Where can I find out more?

Also, I am a part time teacher working 10-15 hours a week and have just found out that I would need to be working 20 hours a week to pass the basic requirements for a visa. Does this mean the only option I have is to increase to a 20 hour week for 12 months, lodge my application and then I could reduce the hours again?

Help!

Thanks

Jo
Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:07 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fast Tracking

Originally posted by JDuhig
During discussions about immigrating to Australia I keep hearing the term fast tracking - can anyone explain what this means? Does it relate to the place you go to? e.g areas that the government are trying to increase the population? Where can I find out more?

Also, I am a part time teacher working 10-15 hours a week and have just found out that I would need to be working 20 hours a week to pass the basic requirements for a visa. Does this mean the only option I have is to increase to a 20 hour week for 12 months, lodge my application and then I could reduce the hours again?

Help!

Thanks

Jo

Hi Jo,

Can't help much, I'm afraid, as I'm doing a spouse visa application. But just wnated to say hello and welcome you to the site. Someone will be along to help in a minute...
Old Jul 26th 2004, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

JDuhig is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks! good luck with your application
Old Jul 26th 2004, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

carryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura about

Hi Jo, fast tracking is in relation to certain jobs where there is a large shortage in the workforce, nursing is the main one i believe, i'm not sure what the other ones are.
My wife was told that in her case she could have been processed in as little as 8 months{thats for nursing though} and depending on where she took a post, one was for Alice springs.
good luck....Carryon.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

JO it might be worth re posting this on the immigration forum where there are often people who can help you
Old Jul 26th 2004, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can also be fast tracked if you are being sponsored by a relative who lives in a designated area, generally not in any large city.

I am in IT, went for a skilled visa and due to my sponsors address I had my visa in six months. (from application, preparation prior to that took 3 months)

Phil.

Just got to sell the house then we're off!
Old Jul 26th 2004, 10:19 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Melbourne, Adelaide and Canberra are all ok for the Skilled Designated Area Sponsored. Another way to get priority processing is to obtain sponsorship from a state government or employer in Australia.

Jeremy

Originally posted by philj6969
You can also be fast tracked if you are being sponsored by a relative who lives in a designated area, generally not in any large city.