Fao All Chefs

Old May 26th 2005, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

THE THOMSONS will become famous soon enoughTHE THOMSONS will become famous soon enough
Question Fao All Chefs

G'day to all fellow chefs/cooks/caterers,
If you could take one piece of essential equipment or tool to Auz what would it be and why?(this is hypothetically assuming that no such piece of equipment/tool will be available over there.)
James
Old May 26th 2005, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

THE THOMSONS will become famous soon enoughTHE THOMSONS will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fao All Chefs

Originally Posted by THE THOMSONS
If you could take one piece of essential equipment or tool to Auz what would it be and why?(this is hypothetically assuming that no such piece of equipment/tool will be available over there.)
James
Oh dear! I must have put this thread in to early as you all must still be in the middle of service.
James
Old May 26th 2005, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear! I must have put this thread in to early as you all must still be in the middle of service.
James
So how come you're not working????

I would take my Heineken portable draught beer system, and drink lots while I remember what I should have brought with me.

Mick

What about you as you've had all evening to think about it?
Old May 26th 2005, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Fao All Chefs

Originally Posted by Mick-12
So how come you're not working????

I would take my Heineken portable draught beer system, and drink lots while I remember what I should have brought with me.

Mick

What about you as you've had all evening to think about it?
G'day Mick,
Delegation is a wonderful thing! No need to be bitter about it.I think if I could take something it would be my Kitchen Porter as he can do the work of 2 for the cost of 1.Hows business?you had a good day.
James
Old May 26th 2005, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond repute

G'day Mick,
Delegation is a wonderful thing! No need to be bitter about it.I think if I could take something it would be my Kitchen Porter as he can do the work of 2 for the cost of 1.Hows business?you had a good day.
James
Alright James,

Quiet night,should be fully booked all weekend but who knows??
Thought about a couple of waitresses but the wifes watching :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old May 26th 2005, 9:36 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Fao All Chefs

[QUOTE=THE THOMSONS]G'day to all fellow chefs/cooks/caterers,
Jam
BANANA ARMOUR

CORKER
Old May 26th 2005, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: Fao All Chefs

Originally Posted by Mick-12
Alright James,

Quiet night,should be fully booked all weekend but who knows??
Thought about a couple of waitresses but the wifes watching :scared: :scared: :scared:
Mick,
Like most things in life,you don't always get what you want.
James
Old May 26th 2005, 11:25 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

Mick,
Like most things in life,you don't always get what you want.
James
Just finished!

Hubby (chef) is just doing the ordering for tomorrow but as front of house I would definately take with me my corkscrew! Although, saying that they are virtually screw tops out there anyway!

Jayne
Old May 27th 2005, 5:01 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Speaking as the person who had to bring some into Oz for her chef friend - Sebatier knives!
Old May 27th 2005, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

hlbrunty is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: Fao All Chefs

Originally Posted by saraliz
Speaking as the person who had to bring some into Oz for her chef friend - Sebatier knives!
Sabatier actually! I am so awful I can't resist correcting spelling mistakes. I would take the recipe for Staffordshire Oatcakes - not the horrid scottish ones. Mind you, you can get the recipe on the internet.

Take Marmite cos vegemite is crap! As for equipment, I am sure you can get most things there.
Old May 27th 2005, 5:29 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

James
It would have to be my polish Kp, works like you wouldn't believe.... Only problem is i dont think he would get in the country

Russ =as its friday night
Old May 27th 2005, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Our night is Saturday as we are closed on Sundays .......
and because it's a Bank Holiday maybe a few more!

Mick
Old May 28th 2005, 6:49 am
Gone surfin'

Soi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by andy & jayne
Just finished!

Hubby (chef) is just doing the ordering for tomorrow but as front of house I would definately take with me my corkscrew! Although, saying that they are virtually screw tops out there anyway!

Jayne
What!!! ? Only if you drink the *really* cheap stuff...