Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

fantastic site!!

fantastic site!!

Old Jan 28th 2007, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

stacey31 has a brilliant futurestacey31 has a brilliant futurestacey31 has a brilliant futurestacey31 has a brilliant futurestacey31 has a brilliant futurestacey31 has a brilliant future
Smile fantastic site!!

hi my name is lynsey

i have 4 children and a husband, and have been going through the TRA process.. just found out on Friday 26th January 06 that we have been given a positive result! a little weight has been lifted from our shoulders now, even though still got a bit to do!!

anyway a bit about us
look forward to chatting!!!!::
Old Jan 28th 2007, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fantastic site!!

Originally Posted by stacey31
hi my name is lynsey

i have 4 children and a husband, and have been going through the TRA process.. just found out on Friday 26th January 06 that we have been given a positive result! a little weight has been lifted from our shoulders now, even though still got a bit to do!!

anyway a bit about us
look forward to chatting!!!!::
congrats on your TRA result - I reckon that's the hardest part - now for the long slog of a visa app !! Where are you heading ?
Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

stacey31 has a brilliant futurestacey31 has a brilliant futurestacey31 has a brilliant futurestacey31 has a brilliant futurestacey31 has a brilliant futurestacey31 has a brilliant future

hi, thank you
been thinking about this quite hard, but we seem to think that probably go to geelong (melbourne) but would like to spend some time in other parts up to 3 months travelling and then make a real decision but got to do some research into where the work is most wanted in Oz as cliff my husband is a gas fitter!, geelong came up as we have contact with our 2nd sons old school teacher ! and she has been giving us help about schools as we have a 14 year old, 10, 7 and 3.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

what about you where are you thinking of going?

have you children and if so what do they think?
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

madwelshman is an unknown quantity at this point

hi to everyone we are thinking of trying to get to australia is it worth the move im 38 and my wife and two kids 3yr and 2yr old i got house and a job here i need some one to convince me to move
Old Jan 28th 2007, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stacey31
what about you where are you thinking of going?

have you children and if so what do they think?
We're in Perth, been here 5 months now and love it as do the kids.
You need to go where the work is. All of the states have good things to offer but if OH is in employment and the money is coming in, it makes things so much easier.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

did you wait until you got there to find jobs or did you have that sorted out before hand?

where do you start?
Old Jan 30th 2007, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

When we got here. Hubby is a brickie so picked up a paper on Saturday and started on the Monday ! I've heard it's quite difficult to get a job until you actually get here.