Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Family from Scotland would love to meet up

Family from Scotland would love to meet up

Old Jun 4th 2007, 1:05 am
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of
Default Family from Scotland would love to meet up

We are a family of 5 myself , Hubby 18yr old and 11 yr old daughters and 8 yr old son living in Indooroopilly but moving into a house end June at Forest lake.We have been here for 3 weeks, we would love to meet up with anyone for a drink. Our 2 youngest have already started school in Forest lake.... after a very hetic 3 weeks and the weeks leading up to the move reality sure has kicked in .So anyone fancys a drink/ chat please do get in touch .

Anne
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Phyllis n Joe will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Family from Scotland would love to meet up

Hi,

Welcome to Oz, we have been here 10 weeks on wednesday, so still newbies!! we live on the gold coast at the moment. There is a meet up planned on the 1st July up at southbank, if your up for that one? there is quite a few people going to that, but if you would like to meet up before that for a drink n a chat just PM me. I have two teenagers (14 n 15), my daughter hasn't settled very well but my son loves it!

Phyllis
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AVW
We are a family of 5 myself , Hubby 18yr old and 11 yr old daughters and 8 yr old son living in Indooroopilly but moving into a house end June at Forest lake.We have been here for 3 weeks, we would love to meet up with anyone for a drink. Our 2 youngest have already started school in Forest lake.... after a very hetic 3 weeks and the weeks leading up to the move reality sure has kicked in .So anyone fancys a drink/ chat please do get in touch .

Anne
Hi Anne

How are you getting on? We met at Walkabout in Edinburgh just before you left. We will be at the meet on 1 July that Phyllis is talking about. Hope to see you there.

Jacqui
Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:35 pm
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Phyllis n Joe
Hi,

Welcome to Oz, we have been here 10 weeks on wednesday, so still newbies!! we live on the gold coast at the moment. There is a meet up planned on the 1st July up at southbank, if your up for that one? there is quite a few people going to that, but if you would like to meet up before that for a drink n a chat just PM me. I have two teenagers (14 n 15), my daughter hasn't settled very well but my son loves it!

Phyllis
Hi Phyllis
Thanks, we would love to come along on the 1st July.... count us in ,
We are all going through very mixed emotions at the moment... missing family/friends. I know ths is normal and will pass but tough when your going through it.
I will be in touch
Anne
Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:38 pm
AVW
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scotschick
Hi Anne

How are you getting on? We met at Walkabout in Edinburgh just before you left. We will be at the meet on 1 July that Phyllis is talking about. Hope to see you there.

Jacqui
Hi Jacqui
Nice to hear from you , cant wait to meet you both again. We have been here 3 weeks things have been great and we love it here but had a couple of dodgy days this week, but will b fine.
Anne
Old Jun 4th 2007, 10:05 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AVW
Hi Phyllis
Thanks, we would love to come along on the 1st July.... count us in ,
We are all going through very mixed emotions at the moment... missing family/friends. I know ths is normal and will pass but tough when your going through it.
I will be in touch
Anne

It's always hard when you first come out but it does get easier...We've been here one year today and I still have times when it's all a bit too much but just trying to go with the flow....Enjoy

GInny
Old Jun 5th 2007, 12:03 am
AVW
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stitch
It's always hard when you first come out but it does get easier...We've been here one year today and I still have times when it's all a bit too much but just trying to go with the flow....Enjoy

GInny
Hi Ginny
My daughter is at Dundee uni she is here for 2 months at the moment...we are looking forward to getting our house and our own belongings out that container...then iam sure we will settle just fine
anne
Old Jun 5th 2007, 9:06 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AVW
Hi Ginny
My daughter is at Dundee uni she is here for 2 months at the moment...we are looking forward to getting our house and our own belongings out that container...then iam sure we will settle just fine
anne
I worked at Dundee Uni before I came out! Small world aint it! It's like christmas all over again getting your own stuff.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 5th 2007, 11:08 am
Just Joined

raeburn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AVW

Anne
Forest Lake will settle you down, we live here and have done for 3 years now. husband Marc, Heather(13) and Arran (9) yes typical scottish names for the children but we didn't expect to be 10,000 miles form home..Were from Edinburgh and Marc is a lonely Hibby, please don't tell him your a Jambo, he couldn't take it, anyway, Heather goes to the College whilst Arran goes to Grand Avenue. Good place to move to and a lot to do. Let us know your number and we'll arrange to meet up for a coffee or a wee glass of wine
Old Jun 5th 2007, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

sharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the rough

Hi anne,
we met at edinburgh at the last meet, good to see you are settling in .we arrived on our recci 25th may head back home via singapore on sat 9th june.
We are staying in a house in petire near north lakes but favouring the Gold coast after spending last weekend there. pm if you can manage a meet up before then .

Sharon an Ricky from dundee.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:16 am
AVW
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stitch
I worked at Dundee Uni before I came out! Small world aint it! It's like christmas all over again getting your own stuff.

Cheers

Ginny
Hi it is a small world... we cant wait to get our stuff cant even remember what ive brought as it was all put into storage 7 months ago
Anne
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:22 am
AVW
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by raeburn
Forest Lake will settle you down, we live here and have done for 3 years now. husband Marc, Heather(13) and Arran (9) yes typical scottish names for the children but we didn't expect to be 10,000 miles form home..Were from Edinburgh and Marc is a lonely Hibby, please don't tell him your a Jambo, he couldn't take it, anyway, Heather goes to the College whilst Arran goes to Grand Avenue. Good place to move to and a lot to do. Let us know your number and we'll arrange to meet up for a coffee or a wee glass of wine
Thanks , A Hibby lol..... no were not Jambos. John is a Rangers and Iam celtic...
My kids are Katrina Glen and Eilidh said the same as ceilidh without the c... she having fun at school with that one. A good scottish name.
We liked forest lake very much and cant wait to move there . Kids are at Forest lake state school. We will be staying in Homestead Village from 26th June. I will pm you would love to meet .
Thanks
Anne
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sharon45
Hi anne,
we met at edinburgh at the last meet, good to see you are settling in .we arrived on our recci 25th may head back home via singapore on sat 9th june.
We are staying in a house in petire near north lakes but favouring the Gold coast after spending last weekend there. pm if you can manage a meet up before then .

Sharon an Ricky from dundee.

Hi sharon,i think we met at walkabout in glasgow, last yr. How u settling in?
We r in melbourne by the way

thomas and sarah-jayne
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thomas and sarahjayne
Hi sharon,i think we met at walkabout in glasgow, last yr. How u settling in?
We r in melbourne by the way

thomas and sarah-jayne

did i meet them, lol
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:21 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by Margaret3
did i meet them, lol
You may have but might have been too drunk to have n oticed!!!

How's it going missus??

Cheers

Ginny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.