Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

FAMILY HOLIDAY AT XMAS

FAMILY HOLIDAY AT XMAS

Old Oct 13th 2011, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of
Default FAMILY HOLIDAY AT XMAS

Want to go away for xmas, live in Hervey Bay..QLD
Looking at Cairns but some people say not a good time of yer to visit there?
Any suggestions of where we could go?

Want beaches, chance to see some places..got 2 kids 13 & 11..only been in oz 6 months
Old Oct 13th 2011, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FAMILY HOLIDAY AT XMAS

Originally Posted by rackcatt

Want beaches, chance to see some places..got 2 kids 13 & 11..only been in oz 6 months
what about WA.... Beaches amazing, weather perfect lovely places to visit... Once youve done perf you Could travel down to albany and do so much... campervan at christmas.. My idea of heaven
Old Oct 13th 2011, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by eddie007
what about WA.... Beaches amazing, weather perfect lovely places to visit... Once youve done perf you Could travel down to albany and do so much... campervan at christmas.. My idea of heaven
Food for thought ...reckon other half will say lets see more Queensland...but im going to look WA
Old Oct 13th 2011, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

Sunshine Coast/Gold Coast - its lovely and you can drive here!!!! Theres a lot to do. WA I would love too, we might do that next year.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by odyssey
Sunshine Coast/Gold Coast - its lovely and you can drive here!!!! Theres a lot to do. WA I would love too, we might do that next year.
Been as far as Moololaba , but don't fancy brisbane for a holiday at xmas..Gold Coast.yeah maybe...kids will want to do the parks .but too busy?
That why i looked at cairns ...mm i dont know
Old Oct 13th 2011, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Been as far as Moololaba , but don't fancy brisbane for a holiday at xmas..Gold Coast.yeah maybe...kids will want to do the parks .but too busy?
That why i looked at cairns ...mm i dont know
Can you use the beaches in/around cairns at that time of year, excuse my ignorance of australian flora and fauna, but arent there nasties in the water then????
Old Oct 13th 2011, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Toronto, Canada - Darwin NT - Newcastle NSW - Toronto - Townsville QLD - Brisbane - Toronto
paularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud of

I believe I responded in your other post regarding this. Look at Airlie Beach or go to one of the Whitsunday Islands....Daydream is beautiful, or look at Hamilton Island. Even Heron Island off Gladstone. These aren't as far north as Cairns...still be stinger season though.

Or go to Melbourne and drive the Great Ocean Road...stay in Lorne or Apollo Bay.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paularn
I believe I responded in your other post regarding this. Look at Airlie Beach or go to one of the Whitsunday Islands....Daydream is beautiful, or look at Hamilton Island. Even Heron Island off Gladstone. These aren't as far north as Cairns...still be stinger season though.

Or go to Melbourne and drive the Great Ocean Road...stay in Lorne or Apollo Bay.
cheers thanks...flights to hamilton island were good price..but accomodation was very expensive..looked at Melbourne $2000 for 4 of us return...may well end up at home..or the Gold Coast
Old Oct 29th 2011, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Mid/Northern NSW, Byron Bay, Coffs Harbour, anywhere in between, nice weather, beaches and inland drives.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 3:55 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Can you use the beaches in/around cairns at that time of year, excuse my ignorance of australian flora and fauna, but arent there nasties in the water then????
It would be a bad time to visit Cairns or even the Whitsundays - very humid and sticky and possibly rainy by then. There will be stingers in the water too. April to September is by far the nicest time for FNQ unless you enjoy 35 degrees with 60% humidity!! Head south is my advice ....
Old Nov 1st 2011, 9:51 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Think we are heading to Coffs Harbour this xmas, 5 of us so flying is expensive at the best of time, forget xmas.

Originally Posted by Kim67
Mid/Northern NSW, Byron Bay, Coffs Harbour, anywhere in between, nice weather, beaches and inland drives.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi WA I would say Victoria, the weather should not be to hot to keep you off the beaches etc and also has a varience on places to visit, mountains to the North, a fairly big City centre to visit and historical places. WA is very hot that time of year and a long way to visit if your over east with not as much to "sight see" than the Eastern States. Driving along from Noosa up into Queensland is great. If your interested in overseas for Christmas (we spent our last 3 overseas) Malaysia is great with a very,very Christmassy feel to it, especially K.L and Singapore. Good luck and enjoy your holidays.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 7:56 pm
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by themerlin
Think we are heading to Coffs Harbour this xmas, 5 of us so flying is expensive at the best of time, forget xmas.
Enjoy your Coffs Harbour Christmas! This will be our 2nd. Coffs seems to be like Marmite for some but overall we are very happy here, good far outweighs the not so good. Looking forward to Christmas Day walk on the beach. Enjoy!
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 3:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Hi WA I would say Victoria, the weather should not be to hot to keep you off the beaches etc and also has a varience on places to visit, mountains to the North, a fairly big City centre to visit and historical places. WA is very hot that time of year and a long way to visit if your over east with not as much to "sight see" than the Eastern States. Driving along from Noosa up into Queensland is great. If your interested in overseas for Christmas (we spent our last 3 overseas) Malaysia is great with a very,very Christmassy feel to it, especially K.L and Singapore. Good luck and enjoy your holidays.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Have a great time - the weather should be lovely. I might head down in next couple of weeks just for a day or so to see my brother and sister-in-law, they're heading there for settlement of another property they've bought there. When there new place is built, the kids and I will be off there whenever we can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.