Family Benefits

Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:45 am
Just Joined

shailesh.ksp will become famous soon enough
Default Family Benefits

Hi,

I am moving with family to Australia on 176 subclass visa. I have one 4 years daughter.
I wanted to know what amout of benefits per month my daughter & wife will be elligible for initial stage.

Regards

Shailesh
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:57 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Benefits

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...y_how_ftba.htm
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:59 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by shailesh.ksp
Hi,

I am moving with family to Australia on 176 subclass visa. I have one 4 years daughter.
I wanted to know what amout of benefits per month my daughter & wife will be elligible for initial stage.

Regards

Shailesh
It will depend on your earnings, as the benefit, which is for children only, is income tested.

Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:09 am
Just Joined

shailesh.ksp will become famous soon enough

Intially if I am not getting any job then How much I will be getting per month.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

OMG – this is no offense but every single time I check out the forum (which is not regularly here on Australian link) there is someone asked for benefits.

Well, shouldn’t you be coming here without a job ONLY if you have enough savings to cover yourself and your family? I just hate the idea where migrants are interested first in the benefits and worry about everything else later?

I am a migrant – so it’s not that I don’t know the pain but I never have gotten a single cent in benefits.

Also, I believe they get you to sign a form when they hand out the visa saying you can not claim any govt benefit. The link posted above may be exception....
Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

You need to come to Australia with enough money to look after your family until you are able to secure employment. You will need a deposit for a rental property - which could be several thousand dollars, plus cash to enable you to look around for a rental. Other incidentals can add up to quite a lot. If you do not have this sort of cash behind you I would save up your money until the work situation improves here.

Good luck

Love

Rudi
x
Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rudi
You need to come to Australia with enough money to look after your family until you are able to secure employment. You will need a deposit for a rental property - which could be several thousand dollars, plus cash to enable you to look around for a rental. Other incidentals can add up to quite a lot. If you do not have this sort of cash behind you I would save up your money until the work situation improves here.

Good luck

Love

Rudi
x
300 rent per week living out west or away from downtown
Deposit = 300*4 = 1,200
Furniture + fittings = your wish could spend as much as you want but check out fantastic furniture or Ikea.

Electricity = 60-80$ a month
Phone = 20$ a month
Mobile = pre paid 50$ a month?
Internet = 30$ a month something like that.
Food = 100 a week
Travel (interview etc) 10$ return out from west.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by E3only
300 rent per week living out west or away from downtown
Deposit = 300*4 = 1,200
Furniture + fittings = your wish could spend as much as you want but check out fantastic furniture or Ikea.

Electricity = 60-80$ a month
Phone = 20$ a month
Mobile = pre paid 50$ a month?
Internet = 30$ a month something like that.
Food = 100 a week
Travel (interview etc) 10$ return out from west.
Deposit plus 1 months rent in advance = $2400......not sure where you are headed but check out what rents are like in that area. Certainly in sydney or Brisbane, $300 a week is not going to get you much!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rudi
Deposit plus 1 months rent in advance = $2400......not sure where you are headed but check out what rents are like in that area. Certainly in sydney or Brisbane, $300 a week is not going to get you much!
Very true. I am being optimistic. Out west in Sydney you can get 300 a week apartment (1bed room). All I am saying is – basic stuff, small place, just as a start.

I know the rental vacancies are crazy in Sydney so I have known cases where there is a bidding for rental market and also people with no jobs are being asked to pay 3-4 months rent in advance…!!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:27 am
ABCDiamond

They will take into account your previous earnings, prior to arrival, and then at the end of the year, they will recalculate and if you have been overpaid any benefit, they will reclaim it from you.

eg: If you earn nothing in the first 3 months, and claim the FTB, but then earn sufficient in the next 9 months to take you over the annual threshold, you will have to repay everything.

Many people choose to claim it only after their initial first year, in a lump sum at the end of that year, to avoid getting a debt.

The amount you get will not be very high, as it is a child benefit, designed to assist with bringing up children. Definitely not enough to live on.

Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
They will take into account your previous earnings, prior to arrival, and then at the end of the year, they will recalculate and if you have been overpaid any benefit, they will reclaim it from you.

eg: If you earn nothing in the first 3 months, and claim the FTB, but then earn sufficient in the next 9 months to take you over the annual threshold, you will have to repay everything.

Many people choose to claim it only after their initial first year, in a lump sum at the end of that year, to avoid getting a debt.

The amount you get will not be very high, as it is a child benefit, designed to assist with bringing up children. Definitely not enough to live on.
Out of curiosity, do you know if a new migrant can claim?
Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:36 am
ABCDiamond

As an example, if someone claims the maximum, which is about $145 pw, but then, between them they earn the equivalent of one single annual wage during the year, they will end up with a debt of about $5,000 to be repaid at the end of the year.

Be very wary about claiming this with a low quoted annual income.

When you do claim it, you NEED to estimate what your income will be for that full year.

Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:38 am
ABCDiamond

Out of curiosity, do you know if a new migrant can claim?
Yes, this is one of the very few things that a New Migrant can claim, as it relates to children. But be wary, as my posts above explain some downfalls.

Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Yes, this is one of the very few things that a New Migrant can claim, as it relates to children. But be wary, as my posts above explain some downfalls.
I learnt something today
Old Oct 13th 2009, 8:40 am
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

OMG – this is no offense but every single time I check out the forum (which is not regularly here on Australian link) there is someone asked for benefits.

Well, shouldn’t you be coming here without a job ONLY if you have enough savings to cover yourself and your family? I just hate the idea where migrants are interested first in the benefits and worry about everything else later?

I am a migrant – so it’s not that I don’t know the pain but I never have gotten a single cent in benefits.

Also, I believe they get you to sign a form when they hand out the visa saying you can not claim any govt benefit. The link posted above may be exception....
If they may be eligible for benefits then why shouldn't they find out how much the benefits would be? You don't know anything about OP situation, you just dive straight in implying that they want benefits above all else and have a go...great welcome to the forum!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.