Reload this Page >

Family being separated

Family being separated

Old Jan 5th 2008, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Cant rain all the time is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family being separated

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if any one else had had to make the decision to split up the family for a while. Partner is due to go to Adelaide next week and our four year old daughter and myself will follow mid-end Feb. I need to remain in the U.K. to tie up loose ends etc. Only been apart for three days in thirteen years. Hope things will be o.k
Old Jan 5th 2008, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Family being separated

Originally Posted by Cant rain all the time
Hi everyone,

Just wondered if any one else had had to make the decision to split up the family for a while. Partner is due to go to Adelaide next week and our four year old daughter and myself will follow mid-end Feb. I need to remain in the U.K. to tie up loose ends etc. Only been apart for three days in thirteen years. Hope things will be o.k
Hi

I am sure it will be fine, we will probably have to do the same, we have only just put the house on the market and Jason is due to start work at the beginning of March in Melbourne, can't imagine we will have sold and completed by then, so I will follow with our 3 children. Not ideal but needs must at the moment.

Tracy
Old Jan 5th 2008, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure it will be fine - in some ways you get the easy bit - finding accommodation and getting set up can be incredibly challenging! With all the improvements in communication these days it wont be too hard for you to be in touch all the time!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Hiya,

As the other guys said, it will be fine so don't worry

I think I would prefer to go on my to be honest, you've only got yourself to sort out, it must be really tricky with little ones in tow !!

Donna.
x
Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:49 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

That's similar to what we plan to do if we can't sell the house in time, the only difference is that it will be me and the two kids staying and hubby coming back (mid October), so i can get the kids settled into school (my eldest is 16 in May, so i want her to start school asap) Hubby will continue working in the UK and will follow when the house is sold - not ideal and hopefully we won't need to, but it's good to have a plan b just in case.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Yes we did this, and for 2.5 years. Initially me and my 17yr old and 10yr old came over. My hubby came to help us find somewhere to live and then he went back to the UK. Our then 15yr old wanted to stay till she finished school (she went to a school for the deaf so I could understand this), and our 19yr old was working in France. We had to make the move when we did due to visas etc and they both said that they wanted us to go. Fortunately my husband has customers in Sydney so he made the trip over a few times a year anyway. It all worked out and everyone is here now and all very happy.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:52 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

We have done this every move we have ever made. It gave my husband the chance to find a rental, buy a car with no distractions and I tied things up back in the UK. I can't imagine landing all together and trailing kids around to do these things.

Good luck.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:50 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Yup. My husband's job transferred him from Adelaide to Perth. The kids and I stayed in Adelaide for a couple of months while he lived in Perth. It gave him a chance to see if he actually liked the city and job before we all made the move.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:53 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
We have done this every move we have ever made. It gave my husband the chance to find a rental, buy a car with no distractions and I tied things up back in the UK. I can't imagine landing all together and trailing kids around to do these things.

Good luck.
I was about to mention you and Dorothy as people who had done this successfully.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 1:11 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

We did this for 6 weeks when we moved interstate to the Gold Coast from Adelaide. I stayed behind, living in our sold house keeping life normal...kids at school etc... whilst hubby settled into new job and started looking at possible places to live.

It was hard, but made me realise that I was capable of doing alot more than I gave myself credit for....We have 4 kids plus a geriatric dog and a young pup.

Trouble was when we got back together I had become very self sufficient and I got niggled very easily by my Husbands' way of doing everything LOL! This period of readjustment was actually harder than being apart

Jan
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mand8002
Yes we did this, and for 2.5 years. Initially me and my 17yr old and 10yr old came over. My hubby came to help us find somewhere to live and then he went back to the UK. Our then 15yr old wanted to stay till she finished school (she went to a school for the deaf so I could understand this), and our 19yr old was working in France. We had to make the move when we did due to visas etc and they both said that they wanted us to go. Fortunately my husband has customers in Sydney so he made the trip over a few times a year anyway. It all worked out and everyone is here now and all very happy.
I see what you are all saying. It will give Darran chance to settle into his new job. I've already told him he has got plenty to do when he is out there. Find a nice place to live with good schools, shops, doctor's, dentist's, Vet's etc. Suppose this is all easier without our 4 year old in tow. Will be better to get there and things be organised to some extent for our arrival. Cheers for all the encouraging words. Think Friday and yesterday were my worst days yet. Everything just got on top of me and frazzled my brain ha ha !!!!!
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

I see what you are all saying. It will give Darran chance to settle into his new job. I've already told him he has got plenty to do when he is out there. Find a nice place to live with good schools, shops, doctor's, dentist's, Vet's etc. Suppose this is all easier without our 4 year old in tow. Will be better to get there and things be organised to some extent for our arrival. Cheers for all the encouraging words. Think Friday and yesterday were my worst days yet. Everything just got on top of me and frazzled my brain ha ha !!!!!
I am sure you will be fine.......not sure I could have trusted my husband to find us somewhere to live though lol.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

I am sure you will be fine.......not sure I could have trusted my husband to find us somewhere to live though lol.
Don't worry he isn't making any decisions like that ha ha! He's just looking. The company are providing accommodation for the first six weeks so he's got somewhere to live. Just want him to tour the suburbs and choose a few favorites so it makes it easier when we arrive.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of

Don't worry he isn't making any decisions like that ha ha! He's just looking. The company are providing accommodation for the first six weeks so he's got somewhere to live. Just want him to tour the suburbs and choose a few favorites so it makes it easier when we arrive.
Much better to let him do the legwork on his own! Just come on BE if you're struggling with it. Lots of shoulders, tea and hugs on here.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 12:26 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I am quite lucky really as my husband chose every house I have ever lived in without me seeing it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.