Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Family BBQ Brisbane (Mummys Meet South Brisbane)

Family BBQ Brisbane (Mummys Meet South Brisbane)

Old Sep 17th 2008, 5:26 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Family BBQ Brisbane (Mummys Meet South Brisbane)

For all those who are part of the Mummys meet South Brisbane and also anyone else who wishes to join us

We are going to have a family BBQ on SATURDAY 25th October at New Farm Park. We decided on this venue as it is central for everyone and there is plenty of parking and is accessible even if you dont have a car via citycat.

If we say 11:30 onwards this allows time to grab a BBQ and also get the kids fed so they can then play.

Bring along your food and drinks. Everyone welcome.

This is a chance for the dads to get to know each other and hopefully form some friendships as the Mummys meets have been a great success.

Please let us know if you can make it and for anyone new PM me and I will let you have contact details so that you can find us though most people havent found it hard with all the british accents!

Anyone who hasnt been to the mummys meet we meet alternate wed & fri at various central locations suitable for babies and toddlers. Keep an eye out for the thread.

Jo
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:34 am
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Family BBQ Brisbane (Mummys Meet South Brisbane)

Count us 3 in.

Esther
Old Sep 17th 2008, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

liannems is an unknown quantity at this point

We will all be up for it!
Is everyone going to bring all their own food or do it the aussie way, where everyone brings their own meat and drink and we all do a different salad dish or dessert and share?
Lianne
Old Sep 17th 2008, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Cheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to all

Yep, count the 4 gremlins from Ferny Hills in too!

(Very relevant as last time we were at New Farm, my two were fine until it threw it down, then they were like children possesed!)

I'm quite happy to bring a salad dish to share.

PS: Hubbys meeting was a null response as expected.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 9:33 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Just bumping this thread

So far we have

Jo and family

Esther and family

Karen and family

Lindsey and family

Jo
Old Sep 20th 2008, 11:39 pm
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joh117
If we say 11:30 onwards this allows time to grab a BBQ
Just a word of warning - we lived close to New Farm Park when in Brisbane, its a great place for a meet but very popular with locals as well. Ifyou leave it til 11:30 to arrive you will find all the BBQ areas packed and all the areas with shelter from the sun taken. I used to see people arriving very early to claim the best positions on weekends.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 11:58 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Count us in,Bernie and Sara,we live close by so maybe i could get a large carryout and get down there the night before and bag a bbq area Then again maybe thats not a bad idea,will put it to Sara and wait a nano second for her reply
Old Sep 21st 2008, 12:08 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Count us in,Bernie and Sara,we live close by so maybe i could get a large carryout and get down there the night before and bag a bbq area:lol
Mate that not a bad idea, I have seen people bagging the best spots by the river just as it gets light!
Old Sep 21st 2008, 12:46 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carbery
Mate that not a bad idea, I have seen people bagging the best spots by the river just as it gets light!
Ok mate i will give you her number and YOU can put it too her

Seriously though we could get there early and try and bag an area,what kind of time do you think
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Gaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the rough

Hi all,

Count us in for the BBQ meet up - although we have mother in law visiting then so unless we are away, we'll all be there
Sue
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by joh117
For all those who are part of the Mummys meet South Brisbane and also anyone else who wishes to join us

We are going to have a family BBQ on SATURDAY 25th October at New Farm Park. We decided on this venue as it is central for everyone and there is plenty of parking and is accessible even if you dont have a car via citycat.

If we say 11:30 onwards this allows time to grab a BBQ and also get the kids fed so they can then play.

Bring along your food and drinks. Everyone welcome.

This is a chance for the dads to get to know each other and hopefully form some friendships as the Mummys meets have been a great success.

Please let us know if you can make it and for anyone new PM me and I will let you have contact details so that you can find us though most people havent found it hard with all the british accents!

Anyone who hasnt been to the mummys meet we meet alternate wed & fri at various central locations suitable for babies and toddlers. Keep an eye out for the thread.

Jo
We'll be there. With all three sprogs in tow.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:22 pm
Pass The Post

Here are the numbers so far

Jo - 4
Lianne - 4
Est - 3
Karen - 4
Sue - 4
Sharon - 3
Bernie - 2
Stella - 5
Sue + family

Interested:
Maria - 3
Leanne - 4
Jacqui - 3

As for bagging a BBQ thought we could discuss on friday when the mummys meet is on at the park to see where we could base ourselves for the family BBQ and also see if there are volunteers to get there early. I would say we could get there earlier but it really depends on how I get on with the newborn and sleeping as to whether I will be able to get there early enough.

Jo
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:10 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by Gaz & Sue
Hi all,

Count us in for the BBQ meet up - although we have mother in law visiting then so unless we are away, we'll all be there
Sue
Hey Gaz bring the MIL, we might need something to keep the flies busy while we eat
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Gaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Hey Gaz bring the MIL, we might need something to keep the flies busy while we eat
Alright Bernieboy, good gag but its Sue's MIL (MY MOTHER!!)
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 11:43 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by Gaz & Sue
Alright Bernieboy, good gag but its Sue's MIL (MY MOTHER!!)
Ooops

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.