Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

family allowance

family allowance

Old Apr 27th 2009, 9:06 am
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Default family allowance

Hi there can any one advise what happens with the family allowance you get in the uk.do we need to cnacel it before we go?

We dont get much can we transfer it to Australia ?
Do you get family allowance on a 457 visa dont know what to do.

Also dentists for kids we have two kids one 7 one baby do we need to take out dental cover for them or do you get it for free.

cheers
Mick
Old Apr 27th 2009, 9:17 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all
Default Re: family allowance

Yes, you need to cancel the family allowance, you are entitled to nothing while you are out of the UK. If you are on a 457, you are also entitled to nothing in Australia.

With regards to the dentist, we have a baby and a 10 year old. As far as i'm aware you need health insurance to cover them, as you don't get full medicare with 457. I'm sure someone will correct me if I got that bit wrong.

Kareena
Old Apr 27th 2009, 9:25 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by kar-kier
Yes, you need to cancel the family allowance, you are entitled to nothing while you are out of the UK. If you are on a 457, you are also entitled to nothing in Australia.

With regards to the dentist, we have a baby and a 10 year old. As far as i'm aware you need health insurance to cover them, as you don't get full medicare with 457. I'm sure someone will correct me if I got that bit wrong.

Kareena
That all sounds about right to me.

And even PR and Citizens do not get much in the way of Free Dental care.
Dental Insurance or money in the bank is normally required for Dental work.

Old Apr 27th 2009, 9:42 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Dental insurance and money in the bank.
Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
That all sounds about right to me.

And even PR and Citizens do not get much in the way of Free Dental care.
Dental Insurance or money in the bank is normally required for Dental work.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 9:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
Dental insurance and money in the bank.
and a second mortgage.......
Old Apr 27th 2009, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

painter in aus will become famous soon enoughpainter in aus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
mind, if you get part a/b you get free dental for children
Old Apr 27th 2009, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by painter in aus
mind, if you get part a/b you get free dental for children
For all children or just the teenagers voucher thingy?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 10:22 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
For all children or just the teenagers voucher thingy?
Just that $150 worth of checkup once a year for teenagers.

having FTB A or B does not give us anything else.

Old Apr 27th 2009, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

painter in aus will become famous soon enoughpainter in aus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Just that $150 worth of checkup once a year for teenagers.

having FTB A or B does not give us anything else.
wooooo the oracle has spoken. could he be right ?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 10:53 am
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

Another valuable post I see
Old Apr 27th 2009, 10:59 am
ABCDiamond

Experience with having a child, and claiming both FTB A & B and having dental work done helps me to know what the benefits are in this respect.

Oh I see, it was you that said it is free for children, now I see why you are having a go at me in various threads.

So, you have children that get free dental work done, to be able to state "if you get part a/b you get free dental for children" ?

Can you please clarify for all of us how that is, just in case I am wrong... As I would love to be wrong, and save money on her dental work.

Old Apr 27th 2009, 11:24 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickpower75
Hi there can any one advise what happens with the family allowance you get in the uk.do we need to cnacel it before we go?

We dont get much can we transfer it to Australia ?
Do you get family allowance on a 457 visa dont know what to do.

Also dentists for kids we have two kids one 7 one baby do we need to take out dental cover for them or do you get it for free.

cheers
Mick
I dont know of 457's but do the kids that are in school get free dental at the schools. I know mine do at the local dental van.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 11:44 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
I dont know of 457's but do the kids that are in school get free dental at the schools. I know mine do at the local dental van.
That's true, never thought of that. We are on a 457 and get nothing, but school asked me to registar him with the inschool dental thing and he'll get seen there. Bet they hit me with a big bill now!

Kareena
Old Apr 27th 2009, 1:18 pm
ABCDiamond

I am not exactly sure what other changes happened when they brought in the Dental Voucher plan.

Some reports have said that some of the dental van services have now been cancelled. These cancellations may only be for High Schools though.

One quote from a Cairns newspaper is:
Queensland Health's decision to can dental van visits to Cairns high schools is another kick in the teeth
When my daughter was at Primary, I recall that the dental van service only checked the teeth, and then referred other work to the local dentists.

The QLD health web page on this, at http://www.health.qld.gov.au/southside/oralqeii.asp was last reviewed over a year ago on 24 January 2008.

Old Apr 27th 2009, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
But true

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.