Reload this Page >

Family Allowance

Wikiposts

Family Allowance

Old Apr 22nd 2005, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

April11 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Family Allowance

Does anyone know when you move to Australia what happens about your family allowance. I have 2 boys age 7 and 11, so I still have quite a few years of this allowance left. Are you still entitled to this payment every month or not, and if so how do you collect it.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Aussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really nice
Default Re: Family Allowance

Originally Posted by April11
Does anyone know when you move to Australia what happens about your family allowance. I have 2 boys age 7 and 11, so I still have quite a few years of this allowance left. Are you still entitled to this payment every month or not, and if so how do you collect it.

Do you mean Child Benefit? If so, you must notify them, this is very easy, I did it online last week, check your latest letter the website info will be on there
(Although I say its easy, ive not had a reply from them yet, i hope it worked)

I believe it takes a couple of months for them to stop it, keep your bank a/c open, & you should be entitled to claim for the equivalent benefit in Oz
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by April11
Hi,
I believe that once you leave the country you are no longer entitled to it. So I would be wary of spending any that you are paid whilst you are in Oz in case they decide to ask for it back as the Government often tend to do!
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 11:21 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

And whilst all that is quite correct there are many threads debating what happens if you dont tell them.... the answer is that they keep paying it. Spend it at your risk.
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 4:28 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
And whilst all that is quite correct there are many threads debating what happens if you dont tell them.... the answer is that they keep paying it. Spend it at your risk.
The *right* thing to do is tell them, in order that they can stop the payment.
If eligible for the Australian equivalent, feel free to claim that instead.

Jeremy
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

p63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura about
Cool Re: Family Allowance

Originally Posted by JAJ
The *right* thing to do is tell them, in order that they can stop the payment.
If eligible for the Australian equivalent, feel free to claim that instead.

Jeremy

Hi

Just out of interest, how much is the Australian equivalent?

Our children will be 9, 7 & 2 by the time we go?

Cheers

Michael
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 9:36 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by p63500sv8
Hi

Just out of interest, how much is the Australian equivalent?

Our children will be 9, 7 & 2 by the time we go?

Cheers

Michael
It depends on income.

Some links here: http://www.abcdiamond.com.au/info_benefits.htm