family

Old Nov 5th 2009, 11:36 am
Just Joined

pie eater is an unknown quantity at this point
Default family

only just been talking to my o/h and were both agred on moving to aus when financially sorted here 2 years i know its a long way till then but there are alot of things to do to prepare for a big move .I talked to some family members and mum and dad said go for it they will miss the kids but they know its a better life for us all,my sisters on the other hand said it was a bad idea and is trying to put me off .She said she knows a family who moved to aus and the people where nasty to them so they moved back home.From what iv heard on hear and other expat sites is that aus is great the people are nice. iv always thought the australians were freindley people.IS it just family trying to keep us here .?

is there much work there for qualified joiner/kitchen fitter?
and also my o/h has a national deploma in public services
any held would be gratefull thanks in advance
Old Nov 5th 2009, 11:41 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: family

Originally Posted by pie eater
only just been talking to my o/h and were both agred on moving to aus when financially sorted here 2 years i know its a long way till then but there are alot of things to do to prepare for a big move .I talked to some family members and mum and dad said go for it they will miss the kids but they know its a better life for us all,my sisters on the other hand said it was a bad idea and is trying to put me off .She said she knows a family who moved to aus and the people where nasty to them so they moved back home.From what iv heard on hear and other expat sites is that aus is great the people are nice. iv always thought the australians were freindley people.IS it just family trying to keep us here .?

is there much work there for qualified joiner/kitchen fitter?
and also my o/h has a national deploma in public services
any held would be gratefull thanks in advance
It's certainly not a given that life is better. Life here is the same in most of the ways that matter. Not trying to be negative , just realistic.
For me it has worked out well, others not so. Only one way to find out and it is costly on more than one level, especially if it doesn't work out.
Think long, think hard and think again.
Aus is great and the people are nice by the way
Old Nov 5th 2009, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

for us people been great. work wise - do the ground work. Know of guy who kitchen fitter in Uk (own business) cannot get work. Just come prepared to work hard
Old Nov 5th 2009, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

pie eater is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by daunted
for us people been great. work wise - do the ground work. Know of guy who kitchen fitter in Uk (own business) cannot get work. Just come prepared to work hard
i am a hard worker and will work realy hard over there.Work over here is on and off at the min and its no good for us i need a steady job im always looking for work over here but its non existant and with the credit crunch people want you to do the job for next to nothing