Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Family of 4 moving to Brisbane, help?

Family of 4 moving to Brisbane, help?

Old Jun 24th 2011, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

angelica12 is just really niceangelica12 is just really niceangelica12 is just really niceangelica12 is just really niceangelica12 is just really niceangelica12 is just really niceangelica12 is just really niceangelica12 is just really nice
Default Family of 4 moving to Brisbane, help?

My husband and me are looking to move out to Brisbane, we have 2 young children and would like some help and advise as to where the best/safest place would be to move. what the areas are like etc:
Old Jun 24th 2011, 10:21 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family of 4 moving to Brisbane, help?

Originally Posted by angelica12
My husband and me are looking to move out to Brisbane, we have 2 young children and would like some help and advise as to where the best/safest place would be to move. what the areas are like etc:
welcome to BE mate

It might help people to help you if you explain whats important to you such as schools, do you prefer city life or a more laid back lifestyle? Do you want to live near the sea or are you happy to travel and prefer to live within working distance from the city?

As for safety - crime exists wherever there are people in the world but i think you'll find overall its a safe place to live.

good luck with the move mate
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

JAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really nice

I can only speak for myself and my family but we live in Redcliffe and find it great for kids (we have 3 youngsters). Safe beach for swimming, the lagoon, plently of parks, free activities etc. Swimming pools for lessons, PCYC for kids gym, soccer (football!), easy to meet others with young kids etc...

Good luck in your search
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 6:59 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

How much are you looking to spend on property and what are your schooling requirements?

The difference between location recommendation for someone looking to rent < $350p.w. and looking entirely at state schools and someone able to buy @ $1M+ prepared to pay $20K+ per year school fees are going to be vastly different..

Also what line of work are you in ? i.e. are you going to NEED to commute to the city - or can you find work anywhere? This factor is a lot more significant in Australia (and particularly Brisbane) since 'business' is massively concentrated withjin a few city blocks instead of spread around. Around here theres no M40/M4/M3 corridor with a town every 15 miles packed full of large I.T Employers for example - They're all crammed into the city like sardines and commuting hell ensues for anyone having to travel from too far.