Families (long whinge)

Wikiposts

Families (long whinge)

Old May 29th 2003, 12:00 am
ems
Forum Regular

ems is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Families (long whinge)

We're moving house tomorrow and just had to moan bout useless family. Over past few weeks they've all been saying how much they'll miss us etc but when it comes to needing their help,as per usual they're nowhere to be seen !

On move day friends are having the kids for us and eldest daughter is staying with friends overnight. Despite parents and sister saying they'd help out, when it comes to crunch they r too busy. Parents have to do garden cause weather is nice, because obviously that can't wait. They make me so mad ! I know we can't expect them to help out but what are families for ?

My parents are always like this they complain about us moving to other side of world but they never want to help out so what do they expect. Been worried about leaving my sister behind cause she's having her first baby in Oct, but don't know why i bother. She had offered to help out today but then rang this morning to say she'd forgotton she's meeting her friend for lunch and can't do it.

What makes it worse is that when my folks moved last year we helped out loads, hubbie even drove the van. Also helped my sister move and then put up all her curtain poles and helped assemble her flatpacked furniture.

All I can say is thank god for friends or we'd be stuffed.

v angry em.
Old May 29th 2003, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Families (long whinge)

Originally posted by ems
We're moving house tomorrow and just had to moan bout useless family. Over past few weeks they've all been saying how much they'll miss us etc but when it comes to needing their help,as per usual they're nowhere to be seen !

On move day friends are having the kids for us and eldest daughter is staying with friends overnight. Despite parents and sister saying they'd help out, when it comes to crunch they r too busy. Parents have to do garden cause weather is nice, because obviously that can't wait. They make me so mad ! I know we can't expect them to help out but what are families for ?

My parents are always like this they complain about us moving to other side of world but they never want to help out so what do they expect. Been worried about leaving my sister behind cause she's having her first baby in Oct, but don't know why i bother. She had offered to help out today but then rang this morning to say she'd forgotton she's meeting her friend for lunch and can't do it.

What makes it worse is that when my folks moved last year we helped out loads, hubbie even drove the van. Also helped my sister move and then put up all her curtain poles and helped assemble her flatpacked furniture.

v angry em.

Whats the saying?

"You can choose your friends but you can't your family!":lecture:
Old May 29th 2003, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

Location: Berkshire, UK for now... flying to Brisbane 11th June!
Jane and Jason has a spectacular aura aboutJane and Jason has a spectacular aura aboutJane and Jason has a spectacular aura about
Default Families

I know how you feel, my in-laws are completely useless. My mother in law has no maternal instincts at all (both her kids went to boarding school), they have never had the kids to stay (she says they get up too early!), and in fact they have never babysat for us, yet when we start to mention our move to Oz, mother in law gets all tearful and says to change the subject. I can't work it out!!! My hubby thought that it might be a wake up call for them, and that they would start to be a bit better considering they have limited time left, but when we mentioned we were going to stay at theirs next weekend, she started to try and make excuses ("oh I think I might be playing golf" etc), so he put his foot down and reminded her that she had offered as we are going to Thorpe Park the next day and they live near it. She couldn't get out of it then. Anyway feel a bit better now i've got that out

Jane
Old May 29th 2003, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

itsasecret is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess you will not have family to fall back on when you get to Aus, so do your best without their help as thats what its going to be like when you get to aus... no babysitters etc.. its going to be tough but we will all have to cope without any of their help in the future. God help us hey...
Old May 29th 2003, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Scarlett G is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry about moaning , there are lots of people here in the same boat. We too have usless parents (although in-laws are great and supportive), my husband also thought the move would be a 'wake up' call for them but ...it wasn't. To make it worse they moaned and wept and ruined our time in NZ, but when we came back, was there any change...did they rush to help/see grandchildren etc...errrr....no. Same as before , so the point of being here is what?!

So that is my moan out of the way also!!
Old May 29th 2003, 4:10 am
Just Joined

copykat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Families (long whinge)

Originally posted by ems

v angry em.
Hmmmh......so very interesting. *GRIN* Sounds like you should be on an agony aunt forum, as this is for discussing Australia and New Zealand.

However, I do find it very amusing, that you should want to telll everyone how crap your family is...and to want to discuss it too!!

10/10 for the most amusing thread ever posted!!