Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fame at last...................

Fame at last...................

Old Apr 8th 2004, 12:49 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fame at last...................

well...not really..but....

just thought I would let you lot into a secret

guess who is in 'Robin Hood Return of the King' at Mandurah performing arts centre??????

me n my hubby kev!!!!!...actoooooooors now you know

well we both did a bit of treading the boards in the uk so thought that we would join somewhere here too..........waterfront location now though...cant beat that in UK...just local village hall before.

Mind you at least Im a 'merry woman' in this play...which btw will be flippin hilarious ...come and see us!!!!...lets just say ...the beginning is different....now that is a secret!!!..wouldnt want to spoil it for you would I???
I was type cast one year in the UK...played a fairy and my name was 'fairy normous'....for those of you who dont know me...Im a girl of the slightly larger variety!!!!too - too , pink bubble cut wig and glittery tights they made me wear!!!!..now there's a thought eh guys????
In this play Kev is a man in green tights:scared: :scared: .....hope he doesnt like em too much

tickets available at the box office...dunno price...starts 23rd ish of june i think...wed to sat...
I'll keep you posted on the rehearsals and how they are going if you want

bye for now...just off to the green room for a drink
Old Apr 8th 2004, 1:23 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger. When does the season in Brisbane start? We'll be waiting at the door
Old Apr 8th 2004, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

OOooohhh you thespian.

It's gotta be worth the day trip to Mandurah!! Mind you the fairy normous one sounds even funnier!!

Happy rehersals, remind us nearer the time, I like a good giggle
Old Apr 8th 2004, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all

I've got some great DVD's about thespians.

Oh hang on ......I think I got the name wrong.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 2:35 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

pmsl wombatboy!!

yeah di i'll let you know hun!!

mrsdagboy.....if we do well we may go on tour!!....not....

i may post a pic of me in me outfit if you're lucky:scared: :scared:
Old Apr 8th 2004, 3:32 am
Badge

wahey!

So there is performng arts, even in WA!!! Cultural Spot!!

BM

Old Apr 8th 2004, 4:11 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Well done guys, & I thought Swingers partys was all the performing arts they had.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 4:30 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bordy
Well done guys, & I thought Swingers partys was all the performing arts they had.
Are The Swingers still around then? Perth has just caught up with the 1980s has it? Always did like 'Counting the Beat"

(yeah yeah, Im showing my age )
Old Apr 8th 2004, 5:12 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Are The Swingers still around then? Perth has just caught up with the 1980s has it? Always did like 'Counting the Beat"

(yeah yeah, Im showing my age )

I'm sure you could teach the younger ones a thing or two about swinging Mrs D

Old Apr 8th 2004, 7:27 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by Bordy
I'm sure you could teach the younger ones a thing or two about swinging Mrs D

geez, see? I still cant get past that teacher image

(is that you in your avatar? how cool, I love seeing the people Im talking to )
Old Apr 8th 2004, 7:46 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Cool! If it's still going mid July, I'll come and see you!

There was a Repertory theatre in Bridgetown (southwest) too. They did big productions every year!
Once Alice in Wonderland, I was the mouse, and a card.
But the most fun was being stage hand! I just lovvvvve the backstage stuff!

I was also in a youth Circus, Circus Freefall - juggling, unicycling, acrobatics, comedy. We performed for things like primary schools, festivals, once in Freo at a WA tourist exposition. We stayed at the old Customs house in Freo, which was the home of another circus. A very alternative/modern circus, lots of acrobatics stuff, can't remember the name. I'm quite sure they still exist...

ok, found it:
Bizircus http://members.iinet.net.au/~bizircus/
For more than eleven years Bizircus has thrilled audiences with their hilarious character comedy and explosive acrobatic stunts. Drawing influence from Chinese circus, European circus and street theatre, modern dance, and slapstick traditions worldwide, the troupe has been trained by acrobats and clowns from France, Russia, China, Brazil, Kenya, and England. Synthesising these diverse traditions into their own unique Australian style, Bizircus blend physical skill, comedy, music, and universal themes into a performances which hurdle language and cultural barriers.
Ah, cool, this is the show that I saw:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~bizircus/

Anyway, for all bored people, there's enough to do in Perth
Old Apr 8th 2004, 9:01 am
The Godfather

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
geez, see? I still cant get past that teacher image

(is that you in your avatar? how cool, I love seeing the people Im talking to )

Yeah thats my "serious" look.