Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Eyebrow threading in Perth?

Eyebrow threading in Perth?

Old Dec 18th 2008, 6:03 am
Banned

Steph34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Eyebrow threading in Perth?

Does anyone know a good place for eyebrow threading in Perth?
I always had it done in UK and I cannot find any beautician here who even knows about the technique! Please help me...
Old Dec 18th 2008, 6:08 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eyebrow threading in Perth?

Originally Posted by Steph34
I always had it done in UK and I cannot find any beautician here who even knows about the technique! Please help me...
Sounds extremely nasty. Is it even legal?
Old Dec 18th 2008, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Never heard of it and I have no idea what it involves, but it may be called something else. Have you described it?
Old Dec 18th 2008, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

its a brilliant way of plucking eyebrows

uses a thread of cotton to pull the hairs out - doesn't hurt as much as waxing and a much better result as it gets all the hairs out including the fine blond ones you get and you are not so red and sore afterwards

it can be used on legs and underarms too and lady gardens

to op i haven't come across anyone who does it but if you do let me know where they are please
Old Dec 18th 2008, 6:28 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
its a brilliant way of plucking eyebrows

uses a thread of cotton to pull the hairs out - doesn't hurt as much as waxing and a much better result as it gets all the hairs out including the fine blond ones you get and you are not so red and sore afterwards

to op i haven't come across anyone who does it but if you do let me know where they are please
I work with a couple of Indian nurses, so I'll ask them.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 6:29 am
Banned

Steph34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Threading is an alternative to waxing/plucking facial hair. It is a much more gentle, it does not irritate the skin and it is much more accurate too. it is cheap and quick.

The technique uses a cotton thread which is twisted and rolled along the surface of the skin entwining the hairs in the thread, which are then lifted out from the follicle.

I hope I can find a place that does threading because I don't want my eyebrows to be waxed, my skin gets red easily with the wax, and it does not give the same natural looking shape.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I work with a couple of Indian nurses, so I'll ask them.

i will be in your debt if you could find someone for me d
Old Dec 18th 2008, 6:58 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

I had it done in Sri Lanka and when I told people at work in the UK they thought I was mad but it was great. Must c if anyone in Brissy does it

Jo

Good luck with your search
Old Dec 18th 2008, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joh117
I had it done in Sri Lanka and when I told people at work in the UK they thought I was mad but it was great. Must c if anyone in Brissy does it

Jo

Good luck with your search
This question was asked this earlier this year. They eventually found someone at Nerang Market in the Gold Coast to do it.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510895
Old Dec 18th 2008, 7:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Long way to come from Perth though. I do mine with my fingers. Just get the eye brow hair squeezed between thumb and finger nails and pull. Works for me
Old Dec 18th 2008, 9:07 am
Banned

Tina in the sky is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up threading salon in willetton and fremantle

Hi Steph, I was introduced to threading too not long ago and I found it brilliant. I had my entire face done and my skin was so smooth after that... and as for the eywbrows, I could have never imagined having such perfect eyebrows!
<<snipped>>

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 20th 2008 at 6:09 am. Reason: snipped as poster joined purely to poist an advert
Old Dec 18th 2008, 9:49 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

i will be in your debt if you could find someone for me d
<snip>

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jan 9th 2009 at 3:18 am. Reason: mistaken advertising
Old Dec 18th 2008, 10:08 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

hi there I know there is a salon in the E-Shed markets in freo that does it and its not that pricey either, they are a permanant fixture there as as are many of the stalls
Old Dec 18th 2008, 10:16 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Threading is an alternative to waxing/plucking facial hair. It is a much more gentle, it does not irritate the skin and it is much more accurate too. it is cheap and quick.

The technique uses a cotton thread which is twisted and rolled along the surface of the skin entwining the hairs in the thread, which are then lifted out from the follicle.

I hope I can find a place that does threading because I don't want my eyebrows to be waxed, my skin gets red easily with the wax, and it does not give the same natural looking shape.
Originally Posted by Tina in the sky
Hi Steph, I was introduced to threading too not long ago and I found it brilliant. I had my entire face done and my skin was so smooth after that... and as for the eywbrows, I could have never imagined having such perfect eyebrows!
My husband offered me a voucher to have my face done at <snip>.
is this the BE idiot guide in getting around advertising

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jan 9th 2009 at 3:19 am. Reason: advertising
Old Dec 18th 2008, 10:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

I know nothing of 'threading', but if you're willing to let me practice on you, I'll have a bash!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.