Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Extra £ for Crate for shipping plasma TV?

Extra £ for Crate for shipping plasma TV?

Old Jun 6th 2007, 3:46 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Extra £ for Crate for shipping plasma TV?

We just got a quote from ??????????????????????? and was advised after the quote that because we have a plasma TV to ship that we need to pay extra, prob £60 for a crate to fit around the original packaging! Anyone else had to pay this or should this be part of their packaging service?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Extra £ for Crate for shipping plasma TV?

Bugger! my shippers didnt mention this hope they are not going to surprise me with it.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

Used pickfords to ship our stuff - they didnt charge us for the crate. Doree Bonners quote included us going to local currys/comet to get an original plasma cardboard box to keep the plasma in then an additional charge for crate!

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
We just got a quote from ??????????????????????? and was advised after the quote that because we have a plasma TV to ship that we need to pay extra, prob £60 for a crate to fit around the original packaging! Anyone else had to pay this or should this be part of their packaging service?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:33 pm
Going going.........

Little miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to all

We have kept the orginal packaging and thay said that would be fine. Have you got the original packaging?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

johnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to all

we were under the impression that TV's were one of the few things that were not compatible to the voltage over there - have we been mislead, we thought we would have to sell our very new wide screen and OH was not impressed!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough

Newer TVs work fine i am told.

Search some of the threads on BE for more info
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:44 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we have the original packaging but they have also told us that we must have a crate made! i would have thought that as they are shipping it AND packaging my £2000 suite which is worth more than my TV that it would be their responsibility!!! lets hope they dont see this and want to make a crate for my suite

Originally Posted by Little miss reub
We have kept the orginal packaging and thay said that would be fine. Have you got the original packaging?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

boyz119 will become famous soon enoughboyz119 will become famous soon enough

Pickfords told us on monday that they could go in original packaging (which we don't have) so they would make a crate, which i'm pretty sure said was gonna be £30
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by boyz119
Pickfords told us on monday that they could go in original packaging (which we don't have) so they would make a crate, which i'm pretty sure said was gonna be £30
Also what quotes has everyone been getting ours was approx £2750 (for about 450 cu ft) + about £500 insurance and told to allow about £250 for Australia customs clearance (although he did say customs would probably be much less).
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:01 pm
UK is Home

we managed to get a quote of £2195 for 500cu ft + 3% of the valuation for insurance, there was also another issue with the TV i forgot to mention. If we took out the insurance and lets say the tv got there and tere was no sign of any damage but it didnt switch on for any reason then we would not be covered!! BUT if we pay the 4% insurance this would cover what they call mechanical Derangement cover which would come into affect for any electrical items with no visible damage but didnt work

Anyone else heard of this???

Oh, they told us about $200 for customs clearance

PS Our stuff is being collectednext Thursday!! anyone got any spare bean bags?

Originally Posted by boyz119
Also what quotes has everyone been getting ours was approx £2750 (for about 450 cu ft) + about £500 insurance and told to allow about £250 for Australia customs clearance (although he did say customs would probably be much less).
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

we managed to get a quote of £2195 for 500cu ft + 3% of the valuation for insurance, there was also another issue with the TV i forgot to mention. If we took out the insurance and lets say the tv got there and tere was no sign of any damage but it didnt switch on for any reason then we would not be covered!! BUT if we pay the 4% insurance this would cover what they call mechanical Derangement cover which would come into affect for any electrical items with no visible damage but didnt work

Who did you get your quote from, looks like we need to shop around a bit more.

I also found an email address on BE of someone to contact re insurance, they emailed back the same day, but only for my address to send details to (which i haven't received yet) but email was only on monday. email was "[email protected]" if you wanna try them.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:18 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

We need a crate for the digital piano and we also have to pay extra for it

Gina
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:26 pm
Danny Kay

Danny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant future

The TV picture will work fine but you will need to buy a free view set top box so you can hear the sound from your TV.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd get the derangement insurance. TV's don't travel well.

I once had one moved just a mile away and it didn't work again
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnpod
we were under the impression that TV's were one of the few things that were not compatible to the voltage over there - have we been mislead, we thought we would have to sell our very new wide screen and OH was not impressed!

Hi
As your T.V. is New it should work perfect at the worst you may have to get a set top box and connect it through this and you will get your audio back
My T.V was about two months old and that works perfect audio as well

Billy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.