Reload this Page >

Extension of Initial Entry Date

Extension of Initial Entry Date

Old Aug 20th 2002, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

rmadahar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Extension of Initial Entry Date

Hi

Just received the pre-grant advice. The initial entry date has been put as 28th December 2002. Could anyone please tell me if its possible to request for an extension. Also what happens if one misses the date.

RM
Old Aug 20th 2002, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

ywoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Extension of Initial Entry Date

It shoudl actually tell you on your letter ....your visa may be liable for cancellation. On my letter is also says 'it is not legaly permissible for me to alter the initial entry date after your application has been finalised'

I think that pretty much says it all?!?!?!?

Yvonne

25 days til we leave, 27 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE

Originally posted by rmadahar:
Hi

Just received the pre-grant advice. The initial entry date has been put as 28th December 2002. Could anyone please tell me if its possible to request for an extension. Also what happens if one misses the date.

RM
Old Aug 20th 2002, 8:39 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

> Just received the pre-grant advice.

Congratulations.

> Could anyone please tell me if its possible to request for an extension.

No.

> Also what happens if one misses the date.

Your migrant visa lapses and you'll have to re-apply and go through the whole process again if you're interested in permanent residence in Australia.

Peter
Old Aug 20th 2002, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

rmadahar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

The letter states that extension will not be allowed once the visa is granted. Hence I thot I'd give it a shot.

RM

Originally posted by ptlabs:
> Just received the pre-grant advice.

Congratulations.

> Could anyone please tell me if its possible to request for an extension.

No.

> Also what happens if one misses the date.

Your migrant visa lapses and you'll have to re-apply and go through the whole process again if you're interested in permanent residence in Australia.

Peter
Old Aug 20th 2002, 12:19 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Give what a shot? To see if Australia takes its immigration regulations seriously? Some countries might not, but I'm pretty certain Australia means business when it comes to these things. Those people stuck in Australian detention camps will certainly nod in agreement now!

Peter

Originally posted by rmadahar:
The letter states that extension will not be allowed once the visa is granted. Hence I thot I'd give it a shot.
Old Aug 21st 2002, 7:31 am
Cj

How come you have to be there so soon - I thought everyone got 1 year from the date
of your medical? Can anyone advise on this - is this always the case?

"rmadahar" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi
    > Just received the pre-grant advice. The initial entry date has been put as 28th
    > December 2002. Could anyone please tell me if its possible to request for an
    > extension. Also what happens if one misses the date.
    > RM
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 21st 2002, 2:40 pm
George Lombard

Hi Peter,

No need to be so harsh. There are circumstances where the initial entry date can be
extended, particularly if the applicant is happy to redo medical and police
clearances.

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au

Old Aug 21st 2002, 3:00 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Hi George,

Not being harsh, just been getting a slight overdose of people who got their visas but decide to find ways to delay or postpone their validation. Didn't mean to offend anyone...

Cheers,
Peter
Originally posted by George Lombard:
Hi Peter,
No need to be so harsh.