Extension to 49 day police check limit

Extension to 49 day police check limit

Old Feb 20th 2003, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

windsordave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Extension to 49 day police check limit

Dear all

I have a dilema.

I just recieved the infamous yellow envelope from adelaide requesting police checks and medicals. I sent off for my UK police checks last week but dont expect them back in time (?) or at least with much time to spare.

I do however have police checks I did last year (when I was hoping for an IT fast track ) - these expire in mid July 2003

So my question is ...

- can I get an extension to the 49 day limit for sending in police checks?

- or is it better to send the police checks I already have and ask for an extension to the required entry date once I get the visa (ie to 3 months after mid July)

Answers on a postcard to ....

Thanks

Dave
Old Feb 20th 2003, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Extension to 49 day police check limit

I'd wait for the fresh ones. Max 40 days, more like 30 for them to arrive. Seems much easier to get extension to this date than the validate by date.

Mash...

Originally posted by windsordave
Dear all

I have a dilema.

I just recieved the infamous yellow envelope from adelaide requesting police checks and medicals. I sent off for my UK police checks last week but dont expect them back in time (?) or at least with much time to spare.

I do however have police checks I did last year (when I was hoping for an IT fast track ) - these expire in mid July 2003

So my question is ...

- or is it better to send the police checks I already have and ask for an extension to the required entry date once I get the visa (ie to 3 months after mid July)

Answers on a postcard to ....

Thanks

Dave
Old Feb 21st 2003, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

windsordave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mashiraz
I'd wait for the fresh ones. Max 40 days, more like 30 for them to arrive. Seems much easier to get extension to this date than the validate by date.

Mash...

Thanks for that Mash. Has anyone ACTUALLY got an extension to this 49 day limit ? ie has anyone actually sent police checks after the 49 days and still gone on to get their pre grant letter ok

Thanks again

Dave
Old Feb 21st 2003, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I've seen several get it on the site, just email about a week before the due date and that seems to work.

Mash...

Thanks for that Mash. Has anyone ACTUALLY got an extension to this 49 day limit ? ie has anyone actually sent police checks after the 49 days and still gone on to get their pre grant letter ok

Thanks again

Dave
Old Feb 21st 2003, 7:31 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Dave,

I would get new police checks if I were you.

As your current police checks expire in July 2003, you should be aware that should you choose to send those to DIMIA, you will have a July 2003 enter-by date condition on your PR visa (assuming that your medicals are done later than July 2002).

This is because your first-entry date on your PR visa will be tied to the earlier of the 1st-year anniversary of your medicals or police checks.

July 2003 isn't too far from now, and there's no guarantee that your visa will come by then anyway. If your police checks expire before your visas are granted, you'll be asked to re-do them, again.

Peter

So my question is ...