Exporting Cats

Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

Mike-and-Rosi is a jewel in the roughMike-and-Rosi is a jewel in the roughMike-and-Rosi is a jewel in the roughMike-and-Rosi is a jewel in the roughMike-and-Rosi is a jewel in the rough
Default Exporting Cats

We're moving to Sydney in September and have been looking at how we can bring our two cats with us. Looking at the Import application form it says:
Importer Details - Person who is responsible for animal. An invoice will be sent to this person. Must be an Australian address with Australian phone contact details. Can be owner or owner’s representative eg. c/- relative, friend or workplace.
So this means we cannot organise it from this end without having a relative or someone in Sydney who can be listed as the importer. Has anyone else come across this and found a way round it other than using an expensive pet export service???

Also does anyone have any advise about having cats in Sydney Northern Suburbs...do they have to be kept indoors all the time, what's the life expectancy likely to be?

We don't want to leave them behind but likewise we don't want to take them if they have to live as indoor cats or will be killed within a few years!

Hope someone can help
Thanks
Mike
Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exporting Cats

Originally Posted by Mike-and-Rosi
We're moving to Sydney in September and have been looking at how we can bring our two cats with us. Looking at the Import application form it says:
Importer Details - Person who is responsible for animal. An invoice will be sent to this person. Must be an Australian address with Australian phone contact details. Can be owner or owner’s representative eg. c/- relative, friend or workplace.
So this means we cannot organise it from this end without having a relative or someone in Sydney who can be listed as the importer. Has anyone else come across this and found a way round it other than using an expensive pet export service???

Also does anyone have any advise about having cats in Sydney Northern Suburbs...do they have to be kept indoors all the time, what's the life expectancy likely to be?

We don't want to leave them behind but likewise we don't want to take them if they have to live as indoor cats or will be killed within a few years!

Hope someone can help
Thanks
Mike
Hi, I can't offer much advice, but i am sure I have seen threads before where people have used the name of a hotel they are booked into, then change it when they find more stable accommodation once they get there... I am sure someone else will be along to verify that soon though!