Expo

Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Yiddo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expo

Hi,

My wife and I are going to the Leeds Expo in April and haven't a clue what to expect. We're not sure what to take with us. Any advice would be grateful. Should we take our CV's?

Thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

jorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Expo

Hi

We went to the London one last week & we took CV's (including copies of certificates) & notepad and pen.

Jo
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

What kind of certificates did you take?
Did you learn a lot?

Thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

Hi
My husband went to the London Expo and had CV, certificates etc which several stands asked for. What we didn't attach was a reference which we have since had to obtain so maybe a good idea to get one before you go if possible.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

certificates of qualifications?
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

jorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Yiddo
Hi,

What kind of certificates did you take?
Did you learn a lot?

Thanks

Hi We took qualification certs. I also photocopied my marriage cert as my quals certs are in my maiden name. Forgot to mention that I also included copies of 2 references. One from my current employer & one from my previous. I also put a photograph of myself on my CV so that a face fits the name.

Didn't really learn much from what I already know. Most of what I have learned is off this forum and self research. There was one guy on the government/immigration stand who was totally useless. Think he must have been there just to fill a space. To think he could potentially be dealing with applications is frightening.

I won't know if it was useful until after Easter. This is when the lady from SA government said to expect contact. Fingers crossed and obsessive e-mail checking until then.

Good luck.

Jo
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

It looks like i'm following your footsteps lol. Been researching lots and found lots of useful information here. I'm still undecided about moving there but as every day passes it is looking more like we will apply.
Thanks for your help. Where are you wanting to move to?
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Yiddo
It looks like i'm following your footsteps lol. Been researching lots and found lots of useful information here. I'm still undecided about moving there but as every day passes it is looking more like we will apply.
Thanks for your help. Where are you wanting to move to?
Hopefully Adelaide. However, because we are needing a regional 457 we are open minded and willing to go wherever a sponsor is.

We went for a holiday in Jan as I am not one of these brave people who could have gone without seeing it. If you are undecided and have not been to Australia before and also have the funds then perhaps a trip over would make your mind up one way or the other.

Jo
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

i've been over twice and the wife three times as she has family there. If we are accepted then we'll be moving to the perth area as thats where the family is. My wife is a nurse so we'll try for a 175 visa.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

i should be getting my visa through my aussie husband - and my mum has applied for a contributory parent visa. are the expo's mainly employers? - we were thinking of going to the leeds expo as we saw they were advertising other stalls there eg banks, shipping companies, pet transport etc etc
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

i'm not exactly sure but i think that there are employers, banks, shipping, government officials etc. We're going just to have a look around and possibly get some questions answered that we have not yet had answered.

Sorry couldn't have been more help.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

thanks - i guess we will do the same - have a look and see!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

littlemiss will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

I am not sure what I want to do, stay in the UK and retrain to try and get in, or save some more money and go out on a student visa in a couple of years. Do you think it is worth me going to an Expo at all to find out what courses would be best for me to retrain in, or whether a Student visa is a good choice and what my options would be? I have heard there is an Expo in London in April but looking at some of the other comments re Expos, most people seemed to have already applied for their visas, or already knew that they qualified for emigration. Any help / opinions gratefully received! x
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

You'll certainly learn how to queue

My hubby went last weekend and he took cv's and copies of his certs, didn't learn any more than our own research but may be companies willing to sponsor.

Hope the expo is some help to you.

Mel
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:44 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to the Leeds expo - hadnt thought of taking certs and stuff so cheers!

I'm hopefully moving to Wollongong but am prepared to go regional for a few years if I can get someone to sponsor me for PR.

We should get all forumers to wear something so other forumers can do that funny hand signal thing that mini cooper, beetle and camper van drivers do when they pass each other on the road. A kind of 'how do' .............

Okay maybe not! I think its my bed time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.