Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Experiences of Flying Emirates from Glasgow to Perth

Experiences of Flying Emirates from Glasgow to Perth

Old Mar 22nd 2007, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

YvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really nice
Default Re: Experiences of Flying Emirates from Glasgow to Perth

Hiya,

we flew to Perth from Glasgow in December 05. We were getting married there too so had our hand luggage plus my dress and 3 lots of adult kilt outfits. I have to say that on the whole Emirates were brilliant - they managed to accommodate our extra stuff on board the plane with only the minimum of fuss. I would say though that if you are going to book the flight which has the short stop over (2 hours I think it is) then just make sure you try to get off the plane and bus quicker than everyone else! You must remember that not everyone will have a connecting flight to catch! Once we got off the bus there was only 2 security points to go through a tons of people trying to get through them at once. As my OH likes to say it was "the Christmas tree effect"! Of course, no one gives you priority just because you have a connecting flight. The upshot of this was that we had to shove ourselves, our hand luggage and wedding outfits through the crowds quite rudely and once we emerged at the other side of security an announcement rang through the airport "THIS IS THE LAST CALL FOR PASSENGERS STEWART/SANDERSON TRAVELLING TO PERTH"!! Dubai is a large airport and our desk was WAY at the other side so we had some sprinting to do and needless to say we were last on the plane to Perth!! It was horrible. There was a doubt as to whether they were going to let us on when we got to the desk but it all turned out well. Looking back I would love to see CCTV footage of us 4 sprinting through the airport, looking for our desk

I know this sounds like a horrible story but it would not stop me from booking with them again.

Regarding leg room - my husband is almost 6' and he found the economy seating pretty roomy, he had no problems whatsoever.

The entertainment and food for the kids can't be faulted either and the attendants are not only as helpful as possible but beautiful too!

I hope this is of some help to others.

Yvonne
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

wesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nice

Thanks, that's good to hear, not everywhere thinks of tall people!

Hope you had a lovely wedding, not too stressed after the rushing about - would have been fun to watch

Jo
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 3:16 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jamesegrant
Hi

I am looking into booking a holiday/reccie in late June/early Jul with wife and three children to Perth. We are based in Aberdeen and the option to drive to Glasgow and then take the Emirates flight via Dubai appeals as its the shortest route and involves two flights rather than 3 flights via London etc

Emirates fares appear quite competitive but I have read mixed reviews of service/aircraft etc.

Anyone done this flight and with a family in tow?

As these flights are part of the experience of getting there/potetially going there in the future I don't want to screw up so any experiences welcome.

Many thanks in advance

Best Regards

James
Hi all,

Emirates are great really good with the kids and we had two with us. We won't ever fly from Heathrow again!!!!!!

Our kids are 6 and 3 hoping to be in Perth before the end of the year for good.

We had a reccie at christmas time and loved it can't wait to go just had our medicals , police checks cross your fingers for us.

Cheers Carol & Ian
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

jamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the rough

Hi

Many thanks for all the advice .. now just booked this with Emirates from Glasgow with a two day Dubai stopover there and back in Late June/Late July

Will post views when we get back

Cheers

James