Expected salary

Old Jun 27th 2011, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Jason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really nice
Default Expected salary

Appoligise if this thread sounds a bit stupid, but were currently working out our viability for Perth with the job offers
Our joint salary after tax is approximately between €8500 - €9500 month net
We've targeted a rental price of €500 week, but were unaware of the other ongoings
I've been offered a company vehicle with the post , so we don't need fuel or car hire etc
Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:37 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expected salary

Originally Posted by Jason mears
Appoligise if this thread sounds a bit stupid, but were currently working out our viability for Perth with the job offers
Our joint salary after tax is approximately between €8500 - €9500 month net
We've targeted a rental price of €500 week, but were unaware of the other ongoings
I've been offered a company vehicle with the post , so we don't need fuel or car hire etc
Not sure what your question is mate?
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Jason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really nice

Sorry , I missed the point of my question, is this a good salary?
And what are Other generic outgoings in Australia ? We have council tax etc in the uk amongst other things
Thanks
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Your rent would only be about a quarter of your income so that seems ok to me. We all have different expectations, your take home is probably half of someone's on here but double someone elses, what is good to you? Divide by 2 and a bit and ask your self would you be happy with that figure in UK. We pay much the same type of bills here as you do there; food, electric, gas, water, council tax for home owners.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

So as a tenant, there's no council tax ?
What about health insurance etc
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Are you seriously going to base a decision on the cost of health insurance? I do think people over analyse expenses, you are not going to be able to accurately predict utilities anyway, there is an unbelievable range of amounts paid by people on here.

Are you broadly happy with the take home? Does it compare well to what you have now using a conversion of something over two. If the answer is yes, then you should be fine.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

I think $500 is doable in Perth for your rental
do you have any children? ( if you don't have PR visa you'll be paying for their State school fee)
Most important is what type visa are you going to enter the country into, as health insurance can effect the price they'll quote you with, is your total salary in Euro by the way or AUD?

Last edited by chris and farideh; Jun 27th 2011 at 9:00 pm.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Chris
That's AUD net quoted combined salary! We have 3 children, the visa is through my wife as she's a senior health sister , so a company is sponsoring here

I made a big mistake when living in Ireland and London before of not doing a " life budget " which cost us dear, which is why I'm doing this now so I'm trying to find out what's required to leave my bank account every month
Old Jun 28th 2011, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

carzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud of

don't forget the price of flights back to the UK, for holidays and emergencies. We had a mate round last night, ex-pat living in NZ and he'd had to make four trips back to UK in 6 mths, mostly for funerals. It's a huge expense but unless you cut all ties you're going to have to pay it at some point.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

Brisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to behold

There is no council tax. I pay rent and the water is somehow subsidised by the owners. We get a water bill but it's from the rental people who send us the whole bill but with only the portion we need to pay highlighted. It's about $75 per qtr. Elec is currently about $220 per qtr and there are no other expenses to the house.

I find living here cheaper than the UK as it's possible to do things for free/cheap if you want to. It's not like the UK where you get stung for parking at the beach etc.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 5:29 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisneyland
There is no council tax. I pay rent and the water is somehow subsidised by the owners. We get a water bill but it's from the rental people who send us the whole bill but with only the portion we need to pay highlighted. It's about $75 per qtr. Elec is currently about $220 per qtr and there are no other expenses to the house.

I find living here cheaper than the UK as it's possible to do things for free/cheap if you want to. It's not like the UK where you get stung for parking at the beach etc.
In Queensland where the rental has been built to a certified high-level of water efficiency, the total cost of water can be passed on to the tenant.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

As a tenant you pay for rent, gas/electricity, water usage (not rates) and usually garden maintenance. Garden maintenance would include the cost of water to keep it alive, keeping it neat and tidy, which might include mowing it yourself or paying someone to do it. Some leases include the cost of mowing, or pool maintenance fees, if applicable. You have to pay a bond (deposit) upfront, usually a month's rent, plus 2 weeks' rent in advance. You get the bond back at the end of the lease, less any charges for damage caused, or if the property is not cleaned sufficiently.

I don't think that you pay anything different to a permanent resident for state schooling in WA. There are small voluntary costs for primary school, roughly $60 per year for each child, plus about the same again for workbooks, crayons, pencils, etc. Some P&Cs also charge a yearly fee, which varies from school to school, as some schools do a lot more fund-raising instead, at out school it is about $75 per year for a family with 3 or more children, again it is voluntary.

Medical expenses can hit you for six, but the costs of private cover can vary widely depending on your visa type. If you do take out private cover, still expect to pay to see a doctor or allied health professional, as there is a 'gap' between the fee that private medical insurer will refund and the fee actually charged by the doctor/other professional. You can also expect to pay a fee and have a gap to see any doctor, unless he/she bulk bills and Medicare covers the whole fee.

You said that work is supplying a car - do you have to use that for your work? If so, you will probably need a 2nd car for your OH to use and you need to budget for that. Your salary would seem to be healthy enough to enjoy a reasonable quality of life in Perth, but it is always good to have a contingency fund for an emergency, such as a trip back to the UK.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Many thanks for all the replies
No we don't need a second car, my wifes work and kids school is 10 minutes away , there's also the shops 15 minutes away so all she wants is a bike
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Brisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to behold

Cool. Might still want to budget something for it just in case she feels differently when she gets here. There is a bus stop 2 steets from my house but when it's 37 degrees and raining that's a long way away.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 10:36 am
BSN
Just Joined

BSN is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jason, I am in exactly the same position if I get offered the position I am in the middle of right now - 3 kids, wife, Perth & circa $8500 per month net after LAFHA etc. Please let me know any more info you can find in terms of this being enough to live an adequate life - I had budgeted $600 per week but hope to do better than that, I also need that elusive & expensive car (or cars) when I get there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.