Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Expats are Aliens

Expats are Aliens

Old Jan 11th 2004, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road
Default Expats are Aliens

Sorry about posting the contents of the paper but this seems quite serious.

Apparently the High Court has just ruled that migrants regardless of how long they,ve had PR are classed as Aliens unless you get citizenship. So if any of us are naughty boys and girls and get sent to the big house for a year then we're out.

Mind you if you've been sent down for a year do you deserve the visa in the first place?. Some of the people in paper had been here since the 60/70's and were being deported to a country they had no idea about. Seems a bit harsh.

Hope they don't worry about the rife criminalisation of the public by multi-novas otherwise best start packing.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 3:45 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
(along with the aliens)
Old Jan 11th 2004, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Expats are Aliens

Originally posted by Nibbs

Apparently the High Court has just ruled that migrants regardless of how long they,ve had PR are classed as Aliens unless you get citizenship. So if any of us are naughty boys and girls and get sent to the big house for a year then we're out.

Mind you if you've been sent down for a year do you deserve the visa in the first place?. Some of the people in paper had been here since the 60/70's and were being deported to a country they had no idea about. Seems a bit harsh.

Hope they don't worry about the rife criminalisation of the public by multi-novas otherwise best start packing.
I've heard them on the news use the word aliens to describe immigrants, but it was illegal ones.

So is this now the www.british aliens.com/forum
Old Jan 11th 2004, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by dotty
I've heard them on the news use the word aliens to describe immigrants, but it was illegal ones.

So is this now the www.british aliens.com/forum

Personally I reckon all women are aliens regardless of nationality . After settling on a house design the commandant has gone viewing more displays. God knows what we'll end up with now.

Still leaves me in peace with the Mean Red Spiders.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

davidw is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I think this reaffirms the importance of taking Auistralian citizenship as soon as one's eligible, for a host of reasons. I've often heard estimates that up to a million UK citizens, mostly older migrants, never took Australian citizenship.

David
Old Jan 11th 2004, 5:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I reckon all women are aliens regardless of nationality
My Bloke says you obviously belong to the same school of thought as him. Don't understand it myself, just because I asked him to move the pile of magazines and dirty plates off the bedroom floor.......!
Old Jan 11th 2004, 5:10 am
WBB

Originally posted by Pollyana
My Bloke says you obviously belong to the same school of thought as him. Don't understand it myself, just because I asked him to move the pile of magazines and dirty plates off the bedroom floor.......!

the plates dont need moving untill the fur is completely covering them.

Old Jan 11th 2004, 5:18 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

He agrees WBB, in fact he says you can leave them in the bedroom until you run out of plates in the kitchen......:scared:
Old Jan 11th 2004, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by welshboybilly
the plates dont need moving untill the fur is completely covering them.

From personal experience, I find if you leave them long enough they miraculously clean and put themselves away

H deserves everything she gets. Said to me yesterday, "I wish you'd go back to being yourself and stop trying to act cheerful".
Old Jan 11th 2004, 5:29 am
Home and Happy

From personal experience, I find if you leave them long enough they miraculously clean and put themselves away
Not in this house they don't! I'm not married to him yet, he can move them himself for the next 3 weeks!!!
Old Jan 11th 2004, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Pollyana
Not in this house they don't! I'm not married to him yet, he can move them himself for the next 3 weeks!!!
I have a friend in Sydney who got so sick of her husband using every plate in the house and expected her to wash them. She now buys paper plates with her shopping each week and has hidden the crockery!!
Old Jan 11th 2004, 6:15 am
WBB

Originally posted by podgypossum
I have a friend in Sydney who got so sick of her husband using every plate in the house and expected her to wash them. She now buys paper plates with her shopping each week and has hidden the crockery!!
paper plates are the way forward

Old Jan 11th 2004, 6:24 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

alien
Cross references:
1. extrinsic

1. alien \'a--le--*n, 'a-l-y*n\ aj [ME, fr. OF, fr. L alienus, fr. alius]
1a: belonging or relating to another person or place : STRANGE 1b:
relating, belonging, or owing allegiance to another country or governm ent
: FOREIGN 2: different in nature or character
2. alien n 1: a person of another family, race, or nation 2: a
foreign-born resident who has not been naturalized and is still a subj ect
or citizen of a foreign country; broadly : a foreign-born citizen
3. alien vt 1: ALIENATE, ESTRANGE 2: to make over (as property)
Old Jan 11th 2004, 7:58 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by bondipom
alien
Cross references:
2. alien n 1: a person of another family, race, or nation 2: a
foreign-born resident who has not been naturalized and is still a subj ect
or citizen of a foreign country; broadly : a foreign-born citizen
So, as I am still a subject of HM Queen Elizabeth (UK), I must thefore be an Alien, until I become a subject of HM Queen Elizabeth (Australia)

Oh.. b*gg*r it, how much does Citizenship cost ?

Last time I was in the queue to get my 5 year RRV I promised I would become a Citizen before it ran out.
I hate that queue !!!

Old Jan 11th 2004, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
So, as I am still a subject of HM Queen Elizabeth (UK), I must thefore be an Alien, until I become a subject of HM Queen Elizabeth (Australia)

Oh.. b*gg*r it, how much does Citizenship cost ?

Last time I was in the queue to get my 5 year RRV I promised I would become a Citizen before it ran out.
I hate that queue !!!
To end your alienship status, Citizenship is free. Well mine was, unless its now taxed or something. Come to think of it I have absolutely no idea what I did with the certificate tho.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.