British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Expat Xmas hello thing on GMTV (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/expat-xmas-hello-thing-gmtv-409823/)

JDH Nov 24th 2006 12:31 am

Expat Xmas hello thing on GMTV

Hello,

I posted on here a while ago asking if anybody knew when it was or had any further info. I got the dates for Sydney which is what I wanted (20th Dec if you're interested) but don't know the time or where it would be. I was advised on here before to email GMTV through their website which I have done twice but I havne't heard back from them.

I'd really like to try and get to this and give the family a quick wave as I know it would mean a lot to them so any info is greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Jodie :)

Mrs Jackaroo Nov 24th 2006 12:46 am

Re: Expat Xmas hello thing on GMTV

Originally Posted by JDH
Hello,

I posted on here a while ago asking if anybody knew when it was or had any further info. I got the dates for Sydney which is what I wanted (20th Dec if you're interested) but don't know the time or where it would be. I was advised on here before to email GMTV through their website which I have done twice but I havne't heard back from them.

I'd really like to try and get to this and give the family a quick wave as I know it would mean a lot to them so any info is greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Jodie :)

Hi Jodie

I think its always on Bondi isnt it?? GMTV runs between 6.30am & 9am UK time (if I remember rightly?) and I think they go back and forth to Oz throughout the programme - making it 5.30pm - 8pm Sydney time.

I could be completely wrong mind you but no doubt someone will be along to correct me if I am! :)

JDH Nov 24th 2006 2:30 am

Hi

Thanks for replying but I think the Sydney one is somewhere else as I remember seeing a view of the bridge and the opera house in the background.

The Perth one is always on one of the main beaches though.

Jodie

mrsperthforme Nov 24th 2006 4:22 am

Originally Posted by JDH
Hi

Thanks for replying but I think the Sydney one is somewhere else as I remember seeing a view of the bridge and the opera house in the background.

The Perth one is always on one of the main beaches though.

Jodie

The Perth one is at Cottlesloe if anyones interested

Tiawamutu Nov 24th 2006 4:30 am

Originally Posted by mrsperthforme
The Perth one is at Cottlesloe if anyones interested

Do you know what date and time it is mrsperthforme?

Jane and Russ Middleton Nov 24th 2006 6:01 am

Does anyone know if they do one on Gold coast ?? It's our first christmas here and would love to give family a wave !!

Thanks

Jane
xx

karenjc Nov 24th 2006 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
Does anyone know if they do one on Gold coast ?? It's our first christmas here and would love to give family a wave !!

Thanks

Jane
xx

Sorry to say they only tend to do them in Perth and Sydney. Don't know why as there are thousands of us poms on the Gold coast. Quill.

TraceyW Nov 24th 2006 6:35 am

Been to the one in Perth...would never bother again! It's great if you don't mind drunken lager louts, spouting filth around your kids, pushing you out of the way just to get their 5 seconds of fame on the tele! :mad:

Tiawamutu Nov 24th 2006 9:20 am

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Been to the one in Perth...would never bother again! It's great if you don't mind drunken lager louts, spouting filth around your kids, pushing you out of the way just to get their 5 seconds of fame on the tele! :mad:

They should only allow expats there, and get them to show there PR visas :D

Perthforme Nov 24th 2006 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Do you know what date and time it is mrsperthforme?

The proper way to ask this is.........

Whats the time mister wolf !!!!

Jane and Russ Middleton Nov 24th 2006 10:56 am

Originally Posted by karenjc
Sorry to say they only tend to do them in Perth and Sydney. Don't know why as there are thousands of us poms on the Gold coast. Quill.

shame, would have liked one here !!!!

Thanks anyway Quill

J
x

Milo Nov 24th 2006 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
Hi Jodie

I think its always on Bondi isnt it?? GMTV runs between 6.30am & 9am UK time (if I remember rightly?) and I think they go back and forth to Oz throughout the programme - making it 5.30pm - 8pm Sydney time.

I could be completely wrong mind you but no doubt someone will be along to correct me if I am! :)

Thought it was Manly beach, not 100% though