Expat shop

Old Sep 6th 2005, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

dshole will become famous soon enoughdshole will become famous soon enough
Default Expat shop

Folks,

What was the name of that British expat food shop on Collins street, Melbourne again? I searched the site but can't find the url for the life of me.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 8:53 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expat shop

Originally Posted by dshole
Folks,

What was the name of that British expat food shop on Collins street, Melbourne again? I searched the site but can't find the url for the life of me.
Do a forum Search
Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:32 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by dshole
Folks,

When you find it let me know, and i'll add it to my list:

Expat Shops in Australia:

W.A. : Perth - The British Lolly Shop, Shop 35 Sorrento Quay, Hillarys Boat Harbour, Perth
W.A.: Malaga - Blue Thistle, warehouse: 6 Pavers Circle, Malaga, W.A., T: 08 9248 7180, F: 08 9248 7182
QLD : Brisbane, Loganholme - http://www.highlandflingproducts.com/main.htm
QLD : Brisbane, City - Chocolate Boulevard, Myers centre, Queen Street, Brisbane, Level E, Main Food court level, next to Michel's Patisserie.
QLD : Redcliffe - English Sweets and Teddies, Walk Arcade, Shop 7, Redcliffe Pde, Redcliffe. 07 3283 7327
NSW : Sydney - Ali's British Shoppe, SkyGarden Level 2, Pitt Street Mall - http://www.treatsfromhome.com.au
NSW : Terrigal - Shop 5/42 The Esplanade, Terrigal NSW 2260 Australia http://www.sweetsolutions.com.au
NSW : Leura Blue Mountains - The Candy Store Shop 6, Leura Strand Arcade, 178 The Mall, Leura, 2780 "No web site"
S.A. : Adelaide - All Sweets & Treats, 16 Ocean Street, Victor Harbor, S.A. 5211 T: 08 8552 5700

Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

DSC_AU will become famous soon enoughDSC_AU will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the List.. never known that it has grown big
Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:45 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
When you find it let me know, and i'll add it to my list:

Expat Shops in Australia:

W.A. : Perth - The British Lolly Shop, Shop 35 Sorrento Quay, Hillarys Boat Harbour, Perth
W.A.: Malaga - Blue Thistle, warehouse: 6 Pavers Circle, Malaga, W.A., T: 08 9248 7180, F: 08 9248 7182
QLD : Brisbane, Loganholme - http://www.highlandflingproducts.com/main.htm
QLD : Brisbane, City - Chocolate Boulevard, Myers centre, Queen Street, Brisbane, Level E, Main Food court level, next to Michel's Patisserie.
QLD : Redcliffe - English Sweets and Teddies, Walk Arcade, Shop 7, Redcliffe Pde, Redcliffe. 07 3283 7327
NSW : Sydney - Ali's British Shoppe, SkyGarden Level 2, Pitt Street Mall - http://www.treatsfromhome.com.au
NSW : Terrigal - Shop 5/42 The Esplanade, Terrigal NSW 2260 Australia http://www.sweetsolutions.com.au
NSW : Leura Blue Mountains - The Candy Store Shop 6, Leura Strand Arcade, 178 The Mall, Leura, 2780 "No web site"
S.A. : Adelaide - All Sweets & Treats, 16 Ocean Street, Victor Harbor, S.A. 5211 T: 08 8552 5700
You've got none for Victoria. The ones I know of are the one on Collins Street which is called Treat or something, but the address is Level one, 234 Collins St.
Just incase anyone's interested, There's also
Rob's British Butchers, 177 Lonsdale St, Dandenong VIC 3175 03-9792 5188.
There's a "Sweet As" outside the shopping centre in Frankston mentioned before on here somewhere - that has about 2 shelves of a few things.
There's also a stall in the Karingal Hub Arcade, which has sweets, chocolates, Angel Delight, mint sauce and other bits and pieces.
And another shop has just opened in Cheltenham along the Charman Road called Sharon's candies.

Sorry can't be more specific with addresses but that might be of use to someone!
Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

There's a 'sweetie' shop in Douglas Parade, Williamstown as well which sells many UK (and Aussie) favourites. That's west of the CBD where most of you never venture though.

OzTennis
Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute

its called Treats from Home and its on second floor somewhere on Collins Street, Melbourne

mel
Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melibeam
its called Treats from Home and its on second floor somewhere on Collins Street, Melbourne

mel
http://www.treatsfromhome.com.au/

OzTennis
Old Sep 6th 2005, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

suecroft will become famous soon enoughsuecroft will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Expat shop

New one opening in Joondalup - Perth.
Winton Ave
Old Sep 6th 2005, 11:38 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Seen a couple more places around too, up lygon st in Carlton there's a lolly shop with loads of English stuff in the window, can't remember details but head away from city up Lygon and it's on the left somewhere along there (think about half way up the bit with all the shops)

Also go up Mt Dandenong Tourist road from Ferntree Gully, as you pass thorugh Olinda and the road bends right by the toilets and carpark there is a lolly shop there even sells irn bru and tizer
Old Sep 6th 2005, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
Seen a couple more places around too, up lygon st in Carlton there's a lolly shop with loads of English stuff in the window, can't remember details but head away from city up Lygon and it's on the left somewhere along there (think about half way up the bit with all the shops)

Also go up Mt Dandenong Tourist road from Ferntree Gully, as you pass thorugh Olinda and the road bends right by the toilets and carpark there is a lolly shop there even sells irn bru and tizer
Is it in between the Italian restaurant and the Italian cake shop and across the road from the Italian tailor and the Italian delicatessan?

Good lolly shops and tea shops up in the Dandenongs and Yarra Valley! 'Tea Leaves' in Sassafras and Yarra Glen is brilliant - UK teapots, china, tea, coffee etc.

OzTennis
Old Sep 6th 2005, 1:24 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Is it in between the Italian restaurant and the Italian cake shop and across the road from the Italian tailor and the Italian delicatessan?

Yeah that's the one, with the italian car parked outside
Old Sep 6th 2005, 1:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
Yeah that's the one, with the italian car parked outside
And the mafia inside the Italian job? Probably too true to be funny!

OzTennis
Old Sep 6th 2005, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

dshole will become famous soon enoughdshole will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by OzTennis
That's the one, thanks.

I was searching for tasteofhome.com