Exotic Foods

Old Nov 4th 2005, 9:39 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Exotic Foods

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
yeah, which would be more satisfying, a banana or mango ?

Well now that depends on the kind of banana you are talking about???

definatly NO lady fingers for me thanks....
Old Nov 4th 2005, 9:43 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
We used to have a friend with a goseberry bush when I was a kid & ate them all the time, so they definitely grow here, but I havent actually seen one for years.
Yep funny we had loads of bushes in our garden, produced fruit for donkeys years then just stopped and died!! I love gooseberry crumble
Old Nov 4th 2005, 9:49 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
Well now that depends on the kind of banana you are talking about???

definatly NO lady fingers for me thanks....
Ok, I know what you need
Attached Thumbnails Exotic Foods-banana2.jpg  
Old Nov 4th 2005, 10:06 am
Account Closed

Ok, I know what you need

its gotta be better than this.......

:scared: :scared:
Old Nov 4th 2005, 10:34 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

its gotta be better than this.......

:scared: :scared:
but of course, only the VERY best for you dear:

The first pic is the main element of it, and the second pic is whats inside it
Attached Thumbnails Exotic Foods-apollo_11_launch.jpg  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
11men.bmp (370.4 KB, 45 views)
Old Nov 4th 2005, 10:37 am
Account Closed

but of course, only the VERY best for you dear:

The first pic is the main element of it, and the second pic is whats inside it

Cant open the second one....wondering if that is actually a bad thing!!
Old Nov 4th 2005, 10:43 am
Banned

Cant open the second one....wondering if that is actually a bad thing!!
I win then
Old Nov 4th 2005, 10:47 am
Account Closed

I win then

nope....just means I gotta shitty laptop that wont open that particular attachment...

gotta do better than that....

Old Nov 4th 2005, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the thread!

What exotic (to England) fruits and veggies can be grown in Melbourne?

Can we grow mango's and watermelon?
Old Nov 5th 2005, 1:46 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
Back to the thread!

What exotic (to England) fruits and veggies can be grown in Melbourne?

Can we grow mango's and watermelon?
Way too cold for mangoes I would bet, watermelons should be OK if you grow them right in the middle of summer (so plant them oct/nov). Most of the fruits (the tree-borne ones) mentioned are tropical (which Melb is certainly not ), so you would miss out unless you could find a really nice sheltered spot against a wall or in a sheltered corner something. Citrus should grow, but once again you will probably need to put them somewhere warm until they are very well established. The biggest problem of course is frost, once a tree is high enough (& the trunk is large enough for the bark to be tough) a tree should be alot better able to cope with it. You will get the occasional one that has survived, but in general your chances of getting one to a decent size are pretty slim. Fruits that are annual (like watermelon, rockmelon etc) will grow, but the fruit may not be as nice as the same thing grown in a warmer climate. Similarly vegies that are often a winter/spring crop in Qld should be able to be grown in Melb in summer, things like lettuce (which bolts to seed up here in summer) tomatoes, beans, peas, snow peas, cucumber, carrots, zucchini, pumpkin etc should all grow ok down there if planted now.

The fruits that would grow best down there are things that grown best in the south of England - things like berry fruits, apples etc.
Old Nov 5th 2005, 4:11 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

a bit of trivia. Watermelon doesn't ripen further after picking!