Exhanging my $

Old Jun 24th 2006, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Caledonia2006 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Exhanging my $

I'm sure there's another thread about this but I'll be blowed if I can see it! anyway was just wondering where everyone converts their £ into $? Is there anywhere to recommend?
Old Jun 24th 2006, 2:03 pm
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Exhanging my $

Originally Posted by Caledonia2006
I'm sure there's another thread about this but I'll be blowed if I can see it! anyway was just wondering where everyone converts their £ into $? Is there anywhere to recommend?
I used moneycorp and got $0.02 per £ better than hifx and ozforex
Old Jun 24th 2006, 2:55 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glennandkate
I used moneycorp and got $0.02 per £ better than hifx and ozforex

Sterling Exchange are pretty good too and no charge. It's worth registering with 2 or 3 brokers and getting a rate off all of them to see who comes out top.

Lou
xx
Old Jun 24th 2006, 7:32 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Marks & Spencer money are usually pretty good....0% commission too! C x
Old Jun 24th 2006, 8:28 pm
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shiels
Marks & Spencer money are usually pretty good....0% commission too! C x
You are better off using the money brokers for large amounts though - M&S are 2.39 today but the brokers are around 2.45 - its only 6 cents but over £1000's you will lose lots.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 7:35 am
Sydneysider & loving it!!

molloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the rough

I've always used Tranzfers and found them to be fantastic.

http://www.tranzfers.com/refer.asp?r=molloymj

Good luck!

Mike.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Turnbull is an unknown quantity at this point

Got to side with glenandkate on this one. Money Corp are the bees knees. They were so helpful and they have a deal on at the moment. My wife signed up but I think you type in NOTT when you register and you can make free money transfers whereas normally people charge you fifteen quid. Quids in! Or is that $?
Old Jun 27th 2006, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turnbull
Got to side with glenandkate on this one. Money Corp are the bees knees. They were so helpful and they have a deal on at the moment. My wife signed up but I think you type in NOTT when you register and you can make free money transfers whereas normally people charge you fifteen quid. Quids in! Or is that $?
Is it advised to open a few accounts in advance...eg..Moneycorp, HIFX, Ozfores etc?

That way when one is about to make a deal...you can compare brokers' rates?
Old Jun 27th 2006, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Jempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to all

just been on to tranzfers and moneycorp sites, and on the deal I'm doing this week, thanks to this thread, going with moneycorp I'm $2550 better off.
Ten minuets ago I had never heard of them..
Old Jun 27th 2006, 4:14 pm
ridiculous avatar

Jimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jempower
just been on to tranzfers and moneycorp sites, and on the deal I'm doing this week, thanks to this thread, going with moneycorp I'm $2550 better off.
Ten minuets ago I had never heard of them..
Thats what is great about this site...........