British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Exchanging contracts........not (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/exchanging-contracts-not-322477/)

artep Aug 27th 2005 3:48 am

Re: Exchanging contracts........not

Originally Posted by pompeywill
Meant to exchange contracts today, getting ready to finally book flights, accommodation etc over the weekend.

Then the phone call comes, no exchange today, our buyers,buyers are awaiting a new mortgage offer........WTF!!

Might do a Worzel and go on an 8 mile walk........aaaarrrrghhhhhh :mad:

Oh nooooooooooooo!!!!!!! Paul you poor bugger! What agent did you use in the end?? Why on earth didn't they tell you the situation earlier?? :confused:

I really hope they get their mortgage offer through asap then you can all get on with sorting out flights etc. It's sooo frustrating...you just constantly feel 'on hold'. All this because some stupid bugger can't get his bloody mortgage sorted.... :mad: :rolleyes:

K on its way mate :)

sj oldfield Aug 27th 2005 7:40 am

Hi Paul,

really sorry to hear that at the last hurdle....you are being hassled. Its not as if you havent enough stress as it is!!

All the best. Hope all goes well.

pompeywill Aug 27th 2005 10:33 am

Thanks people for all your kind words...it does help.

The solicitor still says that the moving day of Sept 9th is still on, so fingers crossed.

I just have a bad feeling about it, it seems this sort of thing happens a lot.
Its about time the system was changed to the Aussie one where an offer is legally binding.

Trouble is its not our buyers fault, they seem really genuine, its their buyers causing hassle. I think they will come through as they love the house. They may need another buyer though.

chatty34 Aug 27th 2005 11:42 am

Meant to exchange contracts today, getting ready to finally book flights, accommodation etc over the weekend.

Then the phone call comes, no exchange today, our buyers,buyers are awaiting a new mortgage offer........WTF!!

aaaarrrrggggg!!
Bloody hell, what a nightmare.
Hopefully it will just be an extension of their previous offer, if so then it could be sorted on Monday and exchange can take place.
I understand a bit of how you feel, our sale fell through 2 weeks before exchange last time and we are now about 2 weeks away from exchange 2nd time round :eek:
Hope it all gets sorted on Monday for you.

Sharon

EDIT: Forgot its bank holiday Monday, hope it gets sorted on Tuesday.

worzel Aug 29th 2005 7:52 am

I have sent you karma. Though, on reflection maybe that wasn't a good idea. Bad luck may rub off on you.

pompeywill Sep 1st 2005 6:38 pm

Well our buyer came round today paid for the cooker that we are leaving so they must be confident that it will all go through.
Theres a chance we will exchange tomorrow (well its only been 12 weeks) :rolleyes:

bridiej Sep 1st 2005 6:39 pm

Well our buyer came round today paid for the cooker that we are leaving so they must be confident that it will all go through.
Theres a chance we will exchange tomorrow (well its only been 12 weeks) :rolleyes:

fingers crossed :)

Perthforme Sep 1st 2005 6:41 pm

House selling sucks big time !
Hope it goes through soon.

pompeywill Sep 1st 2005 6:50 pm

I dont think I can stand another weekend in limbo.

Packers coming next wednesday regardless, no furniture, TV, beds etc.

Sold the fridge and washing machine (they are picking them up next week)

I honestly didn't think everything would get this stressful, it all started as such a laugh. Still could be worse at least we're not moving to New Orleans.

Perthforme Sep 1st 2005 6:52 pm

I dont think I can stand another weekend in limbo.

Packers coming next wednesday regardless, no furniture, TV, beds etc.

Sold the fridge and washing machine (they are picking them up next week)

I honestly didn't think everything would get this stressful, it all started as such a laugh. Still could be worse at least we're not moving to New Orleans.

Yeah it can always be worse .

sj oldfield Sep 2nd 2005 12:01 pm

Hi Paul, Hayley & Co..........hope you get through the weekend ok.

all the best

bridiej Sep 2nd 2005 12:12 pm

Any news?

pompeywill Sep 2nd 2005 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by bridiej
Any news?

Exchanged today...........Hurrah :beer:

I never thought it would happen, but it has.

Relief beyond belief!!

Now the fun starts, oh and more good news, we got our first interest cheque this morning for the Aussie state bond.

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes, I'm off to get drunk and to find something else to worry about :D :D

The A Team Sep 2nd 2005 6:16 pm

I never thought it would happen, but it has.

Relief beyond belief!!

Now the fun starts, oh and more good news, we got our first interest cheque this morning for the Aussie state bond.

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes, I'm off to get drunk and to find something else to worry about :D :D

BRILLIANT :D

bridiej Sep 2nd 2005 6:16 pm

Yee haa!! Excellent, and enjoy those beers! :beer:

Hope to post a similar post myself this time next week....