Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exchanging contracts........not

Exchanging contracts........not

Old Aug 26th 2005, 6:35 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough
Default Exchanging contracts........not

Meant to exchange contracts today, getting ready to finally book flights, accommodation etc over the weekend.

Then the phone call comes, no exchange today, our buyers,buyers are awaiting a new mortgage offer........WTF!!

Might do a Worzel and go on an 8 mile walk........aaaarrrrghhhhhh
Old Aug 26th 2005, 6:54 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchanging contracts........not

Originally Posted by pompeywill
Meant to exchange contracts today, getting ready to finally book flights, accommodation etc over the weekend.

Then the phone call comes, no exchange today, our buyers,buyers are awaiting a new mortgage offer........WTF!!

you poor thing....... what can i say......it seems to happening too often, these buyers taking the proverbial. do they not realise that they are messing with peoples lives, irrespective of the fact you are migrating (even if you wansnt, it would still be a pain in the ass)

sent you k to try and help things along....

Last edited by Sleeping Beauty; Aug 26th 2005 at 6:59 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

So sorry. I really can't understand people. I just hope that it happens to them one day & they will realise how you are feeling.

Sending k if I can
Old Aug 26th 2005, 7:17 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

ahhh well it will happen it will just be a couple of days later than you thought keep your chin up

its crap when your stuck in someone elses chain like that

sending k

jan & gaz xx
Old Aug 26th 2005, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Were in a similar situation where we have signed our contract but the purchasers have yet to get there's as their solicitor is in Bradford, yet both of us live in Brum. So it's taking longer due to them posting it to one another. We hoped to be out by the 9th September but or solicitor said if the contracts are not swapped in the next few days that is going to be unlikely
Old Aug 26th 2005, 7:38 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope you get it sorted...

We are meant to be exchanging next week, keeping our fingers crossed
Old Aug 26th 2005, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future

The same happened to me today. Being the bank holiday it will take even longer to sort out. To say I'm cheesssssed off!!!!!!!! is an understatement.

If I take the 8 mile walk I may fall off the end of the pier, so I will stay indoors and keep dry

Last edited by IRONS; Aug 26th 2005 at 8:09 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 8:10 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

If I take the 8 mile walk I may fall off the end of the pier, so I will stay indoors and keep dry [/QUOTE]

LOL.....sent you some k as well....
Old Aug 26th 2005, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
If I take the 8 mile walk I may fall off the end of the pier, so I will stay indoors and keep dry

LOL.....sent you some k as well.... [/QUOTE]

Thany you Sleeping Beauty, I could do with buckets loads of K at the mo
Old Aug 26th 2005, 8:27 pm
Jo

mitchelljo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karenjc
Were in a similar situation where we have signed our contract but the purchasers have yet to get there's as their solicitor is in Bradford, yet both of us live in Brum. So it's taking longer due to them posting it to one another. We hoped to be out by the 9th September but or solicitor said if the contracts are not swapped in the next few days that is going to be unlikely
Hi Karen, Found you at last! Have just signed on and am amazed at how many people are heading to Oz! We are hoping to exchange in the next couple of weeks or so and move out on Sept 23rd. Then off to Oz 10 to 14 days after that. Can't wait to see my sister who is already there! Jo
Old Aug 26th 2005, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mitchelljo
Hi Karen, Found you at last! Have just signed on and am amazed at how many people are heading to Oz! We are hoping to exchange in the next couple of weeks or so and move out on Sept 23rd. Then off to Oz 10 to 14 days after that. Can't wait to see my sister who is already there! Jo
Hi Jo nice to hear from you. You must be very excited now its so close. How long has the process taken you?
Karen x
Old Aug 26th 2005, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pompeywill,

Signed on tonight to read all these depressing posts for property sales. I know how you must be feeling. Before we sold our property we had to go through the dilemma of our property sale falling through on day of exchange ....TWICE! I felt so sick and teary on both occasions. Chin up. Yours sounds like more of a delay hitch than anything more serious. Things can only get better. Sending some karma.

Netta
Old Aug 26th 2005, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IRONS
The same happened to me today. Being the bank holiday it will take even longer to sort out. To say I'm cheesssssed off!!!!!!!! is an understatement.

Hi IRONS,

See we need to send you some karma too. As I was explaining to pompeywill I've been there, seen it, done it, bought the t-shirt - TWICE !! I didn't quite make the end of the peir, but I walked from Shoeburyness East Beach to Chalkwell and back again. I've still got the scars on my heels where the blisters were! Hope things get better soon....(What part of Essex are you from by the way?)

Netta
Old Aug 26th 2005, 8:56 pm
Jo

mitchelljo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karenjc
Hi Jo nice to hear from you. You must be very excited now its so close. How long has the process taken you?
Karen x
Hi Karen
As I am a nurse, it has not taken very long.
I applied for my nursing assessment with the ANMC end of Oct 2004 and had vertification by Nov 24th. We then applied for our permanent residency visas end of Jan 2005 and they were granted beginning of July. We were going for a look around some time before our cut off date but since my husband secured a job it has been all systems go. We were extremely lucky and have sold our house to our next door neighbours who are also quite good friends, and there are only three of us in the chain! So it has all fallen into place and must be fate!! Jo
Old Aug 27th 2005, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mitchelljo
It beats me how with all the people leaving the UK there are any buyers left. It took me a year to sell and four families within a 500 metre radius of us were selling to go to Oz as well, with another family heading for France.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.