Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exchange Rates- Change or wait?

Exchange Rates- Change or wait?

Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:04 am
Loving the lifestyle !

paula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant future
Question Exchange Rates- Change or wait?

Morning All

After watching the exchage rate fall over the last few weeks with ozforex I am now considering bitting the bullet and changing my money.

I leave in 5 weeks so need to start doing something

As alot of you are I am quite nervous about using ozforex, I am in the process of gathering the required documnets to send to them for ID purposes and statement to show I have the funds and wondering to myself is it a risk worth taking or shall I just go to my bank and ask them to do the xfer? I know I will loose a few thousand dollas but itsn't it safer

Help please?

Paula
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:16 am
Just Joined

ey up 1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Exchange Rates- Change or wait?

Originally Posted by paula&lee
Morning All

After watching the exchage rate fall over the last few weeks with ozforex I am now considering bitting the bullet and changing my money.

As alot of you are I am quite nervous about using ozforex, I am in the process of gathering the required documnets to send to them for ID purposes and statement to show I have the funds and wondering to myself is it a risk worth taking or shall I just go to my bank and ask them to do the xfer? I know I will loose a few thousand dollas but itsn't it safer

Help please?

Paula
Oz forex were superb, saved us thousands & far better than the banks
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:21 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Morning All

Help please?

Paula
Why on earth isn't OzForex safe...?
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:27 am
Loving the lifestyle !

paula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rodders39
Why on earth isn't OzForex safe...?
don't know?

U hear a few reports about money excahge brokers and ur money going missing

I have everything ready hear just need re assurance
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:36 am
I am the walrus.. face it

carlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud of

Morning All

Help please?

Paula
Just a suggestion Paula,

If you are not happy with the exchange rate, why don't you just change enough to keep you going, and leave the bulk of it here until you are happier with the exchange?

Ozforex only charge commission on exchanges under £2000 I believe, so why not just change £2k and then leave the rest in your UK account until you REALLY need it?

The exchange rate will fluctuate all the time, and although it is a gamble, you never know what will happen in a couple of months time.

Just have a look at the long-term graphs and figures Ozforex have on their site, it makes interesting reading.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:56 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

don't know?

U hear a few reports about money excahge brokers and ur money going missing

I have everything ready hear just need re assurance
Never heard that... These days anyone involved with money and the general public has to satisfy extremely stringent criteria designed to safeguard people like you and me... I wouldn't worry at all... Who did you hear about...? Any names or just anecdotal stuff...?
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:58 am
Loving the lifestyle !

Originally Posted by rodders39
Never heard that... These days anyone involved with money and the general public has to satisfy extremely stringent criteria designed to safeguard people like you and me... I wouldn't worry at all... Who did you hear about...? Any names or just anecdotal stuff...?
no names as such just refered to as echage brokers i think one of the moderators ref to it in another thread
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:26 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

no names as such just refered to as echage brokers i think one of the moderators ref to it in another thread
It was JAJ who referred to it. I have transferred a lot with Ozforex, but please make up your own minds based on the "safety of your money" section on their, or any other exchange provider's, website.

Buzzy
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:33 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I have used Ozforex for three years on and off. They are great and have offices in London and Australia. Real offices, real people with a proven track record of transferring millions.

I do not believe I have ever seen a thread posted on here suggesting that anyone has ever had any problems dealing with any accredited currency broker.

Stop worrying and just do it....
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carlosthegerbil
Just a suggestion Paula,

If you are not happy with the exchange rate, why don't you just change enough to keep you going, and leave the bulk of it here until you are happier with the exchange?

Ozforex only charge commission on exchanges under £2000 I believe, so why not just change £2k and then leave the rest in your UK account until you REALLY need it?

The exchange rate will fluctuate all the time, and although it is a gamble, you never know what will happen in a couple of months time.

Just have a look at the long-term graphs and figures Ozforex have on their site, it makes interesting reading.
We bought 10k when we first came over as the rate was just 2.32. The rest of our money sat in an ING account until the reached reached 2.53 - which was our target rate. This took over a year and a half to reach. We rent so having the money here wasn' an issue. We made 18k on the transaction. Worth waiting if you can.

Mark
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
I have used Ozforex for three years on and off. They are great and have offices in London and Australia. Real offices, real people with a proven track record of transferring millions.

I do not believe I have ever seen a thread posted on here suggesting that anyone has ever had any problems dealing with any accredited currency broker.

Stop worrying and just do it....
And no transaction takes place without them phoning you to verbally agree the deal you have just bought into. Very reassuring
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

I use a foreign exchange company when sending money from uk to spain and they save you fortunes, front buying fixing the rate ect. Does anyone know the exchange rate at the moment for that company and how it compares to the banks?
Old Apr 11th 2007, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

davo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nice

I speak as one thats moving money the other way Oz->UK and am rejoycing in the current exchange rate.

We are about 10,000 quid up on the January exchange rate.

We have used Ozforex for all of our transactions and have been very happy with the service. There is a delay between them receiving the money and then depositing it in to your account (whole thing takes about 5 working days) but the significant advantage over bank rate has been worth it.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 1:52 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ey up 1
Oz forex were superb, saved us thousands & far better than the banks
I found an inter-bank transfer from my UK bank to my Oz bank gave the best exchange rates. Even better than Ozforex etc. Felt a lot safer too as it was all electronic from one to the other. Oh plus a letter to the UK bank to Authorise it.

I personally can't understand why people use the inbetween brokers rather than just go inter-bank. If the rate is the same or better there is no comparison IMO.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 2:08 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Morning All

Help please?

Paula
http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/f...5/intraday.stm

Ideally a wait back to the 2.50 highs, but with 5 weeks to go unlikely, Oz dollar strong now.

Shame

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.