Exchange Rates

Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:47 pm
Essex Staffy

daveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant future
Default Exchange Rates

Hi all can anyone shed some light on why the rate is going down on a daily basis ? its only a few cents at a time but what a difference it can make to me about $15,000 how scary is that.
Dave :curse:
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange Rates

Originally Posted by daveplumber
Hi all can anyone shed some light on why the rate is going down on a daily basis ? its only a few cents at a time but what a difference it can make to me about $15,000 how scary is that.
I know it's so scary watching it keep going down
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:02 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daveplumber
are you sure you want to come to australia? it's the winter and it's cold. australia is a "strange" place. you will loose lots of money weather you like it or not so be careful. the cost of living is going up and up and up, there's no water it's hot in the summer and cold in the winter and christmas is "strange" (unless you have a swimming pool like me and then it's fun!!!) if you do come here go for a trip everywhere before you settle down and budget for it before you leave, don't ship too much and keep your options of return open. I have been here 20 years and went back to uk for a few years, i loved it and hated it too. australia has changed and it's backwards, i don't think it has changed much in 20 years but it has changed a lot in uk (everyone seems money mad) australia doesn't have much culture. I know lots of poms here and they drive me mad, some love it and would never go back some hate it (the whinging poms) no body likes whinging poms. so if you think you will be one don't come, or just come for a holiday. I will always love the uk but i can close my eyes and be there for a few seconds. after a few years life gets easier here but you will be hard up for a bit. there are many people who have had disastrous experiences so don't be one of them. good luck
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:23 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by why
are you sure you want to come to australia? it's the winter and it's cold. australia is a "strange" place. you will loose lots of money weather you like it or not so be careful. the cost of living is going up and up and up, there's no water it's hot in the summer and cold in the winter and christmas is "strange" (unless you have a swimming pool like me and then it's fun!!!) if you do come here go for a trip everywhere before you settle down and budget for it before you leave, don't ship too much and keep your options of return open. I have been here 20 years and went back to uk for a few years, i loved it and hated it too. australia has changed and it's backwards, i don't think it has changed much in 20 years but it has changed a lot in uk (everyone seems money mad) australia doesn't have much culture. I know lots of poms here and they drive me mad, some love it and would never go back some hate it (the whinging poms) no body likes whinging poms. so if you think you will be one don't come, or just come for a holiday. I will always love the uk but i can close my eyes and be there for a few seconds. after a few years life gets easier here but you will be hard up for a bit. there are many people who have had disastrous experiences so don't be one of them. good luck
Whilst you have some valid points, most of what you've just typed has nothing at all to do with interest rates
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by herrchook
Whilst you have some valid points, most of what you've just typed has nothing at all to do with interest rates
lol
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:20 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
don't worry about money that's what i mean. you will loose money when ever you go and live in another country regardless.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by why
OK
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:33 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by curly
OK
i am not sure what you think really do you live in aus or uk? i am on this site as i have to listen to recent immigrants from the uk saying "i wish i hadn't come here it's crap", i miss m&s, it's not the same bla bla bla". i get home sick for uk but it's sort of embarrassing when you have been here for many years and have to listen to all this stuff all the time. i am confused too
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by why
i am not sure what you think really do you live in aus or uk? i am on this site as i have to listen to recent immigrants from the uk saying "i wish i hadn't come here it's crap", i miss m&s, it's not the same bla bla bla". i get home sick for uk but it's sort of embarrassing when you have been here for many years and have to listen to all this stuff all the time. i am confused too
you aint heard nothing from me
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:42 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

i dont think i want to
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by why
i dont think i want to
yawn
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

martin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nice

Hi Daveplumber,

been laughing at some of the answers to your original question.......off on a different tangent as they say lol.
I transfered money the other day and got 2.34. Asked them at Hifx why the exchange rate was so low and he said "its because the Australian economy is very strong at the moment. Could go even lower yet". I think if the interest rates rise here again shortly, you will see an improvement.
Did ask the money man at Hifx what he thought, but he said he was in a rush to pick up his new ferrari and take his missus out to lunch at the Ivy .....rip of B--tard. Im convinced I could hear him laughing down the phone when he was transfering my money!!!!!!!!
Good luck

Martin
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of

Were about to transfer money for the $100K bond. Worst possible time over the past 12 months to have to do this. The Euro - AUD (I'm in Ireland) is at a 12 month low. Highest this year was 1.73 and today it's at a 12 month low of 1.58.

Any comments on if a week will make a difference? :curse:
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:51 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by why
i dont think i want to
look most of the best bits of my life happened in australia, i have been all the way round it , i have worked in every state (not tassy though) so if you want to know about australia just ask. i don't know everything . but life is for living and it's good living in australia most of the time. enjoy the experience of emigrating and if you hate it when you arrive then go and see a psychologist. or see one before you leave as emigration is sometimes "running away"
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:52 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

australia could do with some good hairdressers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.