Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exchange Rates??

Exchange Rates??

Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:29 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of
Question Exchange Rates??

Hello,

Hubster and I are coming to Brisbane in July..

I'm having a dilemma... can't decide whether to get dollars in uk and bring em with me.. but the exchange rate is crap over here £1=AU$2.25 (well in american express and thomas cook) or whether to get sterling travellers cheques and exchange em in Oz.. could anyone tell me what the exchange rate is like in Brissy/gold coast area?

Thanks very much
Sonic x
Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:58 am
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all
Default Re: Exchange Rates??

You can do better than that , check out hifx........it's current exchange rate is about $2.38.....

all the best plum
Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:27 pm
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by the plumber
You can do better than that , check out hifx........it's current exchange rate is about $2.38.....

all the best plum
thanks for that - but on the high street in UK the exchange rate takes a severe nose-dive... i was just wandering whether the it's better in oz?
Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:38 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SonicBird
thanks for that - but on the high street in UK the exchange rate takes a severe nose-dive... i was just wandering whether the it's better in oz?
Nope its the same rate but in reverse(!)