Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exchange Rate.. ouch

Exchange Rate.. ouch

Old Sep 30th 2004, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future
Thumbs down Exchange Rate.. ouch

Just watching the rates today.. the pound has dropped to a shade under $2.50. It's been falling all week I guess based on poor consumer spending and house price woe.

Oz dollar was £0.41 last feb and now £0.40 which was a bad one and 13% down on the previous year.

I can't see a recovery this side of xmas, which is sad for anyone going to oz but I guess great for anyone coming back...
Old Sep 30th 2004, 6:13 pm
Go dogs!

tbeb will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Exchange Rate.. ouch

Originally Posted by steveyp
Just watching the rates today.. the pound has dropped to a shade under $2.50. It's been falling all week I guess based on poor consumer spending and house price woe.

Oz dollar was £0.41 last feb and now £0.40 which was a bad one and 13% down on the previous year.

I can't see a recovery this side of xmas, which is sad for anyone going to oz but I guess great for anyone coming back...
What you lose in the exchange rate you gain in the plummeting Australia house market, when purchasing property on the otherside. That's what I keep saying to myself anyway!

TBEB
Old Sep 30th 2004, 7:39 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hope the election causes a crash in the AUD then
Old Oct 1st 2004, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

itsasecret is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Exchange Rate.. ouch

The US dollar is what’s causing it. Its loosing its appeal recently, and currency like the Euro have taken advantage of this. The Australian Dollar has a close allegiance to the Euro as an alternative currency.

What we need is the US dollar to gain some strength, thus gain some more appeal.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 7:57 am
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by itsasecret
The US dollar is what’s causing it. Its loosing its appeal recently, and currency like the Euro have taken advantage of this. The Australian Dollar has a close allegiance to the Euro as an alternative currency.

What we need is the US dollar to gain some strength, thus gain some more appeal.
which feasibly it shoud do after those 2 muppetts stop shouting at each other and we get this election out of the way ....
Old Oct 1st 2004, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Al H is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stephenwhite68
which feasibly it shoud do after those 2 muppetts stop shouting at each other and we get this election out of the way ....
Which two muppets? The Aussie ones or the American ones?
Not that we haven't got our own collection of muppets back here in the UK

Alastair
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

The Australian housing market is not plummeting - no how, no way!!!

It's slowed but prices in general are not dropping!!
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Al H
Which two muppets? The Aussie ones or the American ones?
Not that we haven't got our own collection of muppets back here in the UK

Alastair
THEY'RE ALL MUPPETS! Doesn't matter where they're from.

And Kerry - enlisting Springsteen and REM? Shocking!