Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exchange Rate on its way up?

Exchange Rate on its way up?

Old Nov 21st 2007, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

chugo101 has a spectacular aura aboutchugo101 has a spectacular aura aboutchugo101 has a spectacular aura about
Default Exchange Rate on its way up?

Just looked on Ozforex and the rate is up to 2.38, although on the quotes its only at 2.367.

Any idea if this is going to get back up to the 2.40 mark??

I need to bring money over by the middle of January to pay for land but I'm just debating how long to sit it out for?

2.45 would be great but I'd settle for 2.40.

Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:19 pm
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange Rate on its way up?

The last time it rose as quickly as this it got beyond 2.5. I think I'll probably jump in at 2.45 and beyond, but would want to see it take a small downward trend first before I buy. Wouldn't want to miss out if it keeps going up.

I've got some alerts set on OzForex for various exchange rates. I get the emails for these alerts, but don't get the SMS alerts. Does anyone else manage to receive these phone text alerts?
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

You should be able to set a rate with your bank so that if that rate is reached your funds will be automatically converted.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:50 pm
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
You should be able to set a rate with your bank so that if that rate is reached your funds will be automatically converted.
I wouldn't want an automatic conversion though as I'd like to at least have a chance to review the current trend before committing. If it's still an upward trend then I'd want to hold off exchanging.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chugo101
Just looked on Ozforex and the rate is up to 2.38, although on the quotes its only at 2.367.

I need to bring money over by the middle of January to pay for land but I'm just debating how long to sit it out for?

oh yes!
watching it with a keen eye Lets see what thurs and fri bring?!
Old Nov 21st 2007, 11:03 pm
_

Originally Posted by sammyg
oh yes!
watching it with a keen eye Lets see what thurs and fri bring?!
I feel like I need an alarm clock that connects up to HiFX so I can keep an eye on it

Just hit 2.3751 now. Daren't go to bed !
Old Nov 21st 2007, 11:08 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Rates go up when watched.... Go down when you are sleeping or need the money on a certain date.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 11:13 pm
_

Originally Posted by datamile
Rates go up when watched.... Go down when you are sleeping or need the money on a certain date.
Bugger ... I always wondered about that. Maybe I should just forfeit a nights worth of sleep and be done with it
Old Nov 21st 2007, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

chugo101 has a spectacular aura aboutchugo101 has a spectacular aura aboutchugo101 has a spectacular aura about

Lets just place all our thoughts on it going up........... I really need some good luck, a bit extra could pay for my outdoor deck!!

up..........up...........up...............
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 12:02 am
Playing the game

Pinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the rough

We booked 2.47 with Moneycorp last time it was doing well and literally the day after the thing with the northern rock happened, the markets went haywire and within hours we'd 'lost' thousands! Trying to keep that in perspective though, can't lose what you didn't have and all that. Great news that it's going back up though, fingers crossed for us all as it makes a huge difference
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the ozy dollar value will drop another 3 to 4cents over the coming weeks. Be patient.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Would have thought it was going up because of the uncertainty over the election on saturday.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by manc1
I believe the ozy dollar value will drop another 3 to 4cents over the coming weeks. Be patient.
Oh no, I'm not very good at being patient!! although if it means more 'potential' $'s then I'll have to be!!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 12:22 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

3c on a labor win, unless its so certain now that the market has already factored it in.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

I'm checking this hourly as well. We dropped our limit order from 2.5 to 2.4 recently. I wish I understood enough about economics to decide whether the election results will be good or bad for the exchange rate. My very naive assumption is that if Labour win the market might be jittery and the dollar might drop. Or am I talking crap?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.