Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exchange Rate......... Heads Up

Exchange Rate......... Heads Up

Old Mar 17th 2006, 8:17 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Exchange Rate......... Heads Up

Hi

I know there is a recent thread on this, but for those of you who have to make their FX transaction decisions at this time, keep a close eye on the Exchange Rate this weekend.

It is currently $2.4146 and hasn't reached this level for some time. Bloomberg analysts are expecting it to drop back down again pretty smartish so you may be wise to get in at this rate while you can. You will, of course, as always, lose a couple of cents off that mid-market rate as the dealer's bunce.

Having an account open with a FX company which allows you to deal online would be useful - those companies requiring dealings over the phone may now be closed for the weekend!

............. but then, what do I know!

Happy hunting

Jim
Old Mar 17th 2006, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

AnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Exchange Rate......... Heads Up

Hi Jim

Just my luck, we don't get our hands on the money from our house until Monday week so will be keeping a close eye, it may be 2.50 by then!
We've got a Moneycorp account and are about to open an HIFX so that we can play one off against the other.

Wll let you know how we get on.

Cheers

AnitaB
Old Mar 17th 2006, 8:40 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Exchange Rate......... Heads Up

Originally Posted by AnitaB
Hi Jim

Just my luck, we don't get our hands on the money from our house until Monday week so will be keeping a close eye, it may be 2.50 by then!
We've got a Moneycorp account and are about to open an HIFX so that we can play one off against the other.

Cheers

AnitaB
..........or, of course, it could be back round $2.30

Jim
Old Mar 17th 2006, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=AnitaB]Hi Jim

Cheers
HIFX where great with us, they rang us 2 month before we left UK and told us to change our money as it was 2.55, so we did.
If we had not we would have got 2.23 when we left. We came over set up bank account and got our money 4 days later.
Good luck
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:08 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

You see, this is why I,m a plumber and not a dealer, I bought friday morning at 2.39 and today it's 2.44 so I have thrown away £1550, what a W*****R!
if it goes any higher I,ll cry
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

We have just locked in a rate for half the money. Was really easy too. Had to get the OH to do it as im seriously not up on money matters. I just like spending it lol
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:57 am
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by paulf
You see, this is why I,m a plumber and not a dealer, I bought friday morning at 2.39 and today it's 2.44 so I have thrown away £1550, what a W*****R!
if it goes any higher I,ll cry
you said what i have been saying for ages about plumbers, well done for your honesty
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:07 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tucs
you said what i have been saying for ages about plumbers, well done for your honesty
LMFAO!! A definite candidate for "Funniest Reply Of The Year"
Old Mar 20th 2006, 12:46 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

No worries, I have told the same to my apprentices over the years
pays well though and the next load of customers will contribute to my losses nicely
Old Mar 20th 2006, 2:13 pm
Tiny Member

No worries, I have told the same to my apprentices over the years
pays well though and the next load of customers will contribute to my losses nicely
Not while you are sitting on your arse playing with the computer they wont.
Ever heard of the expresion "cowboy builders bump up prices to rip off customers"
if you think you are digging a hole for yourself, throw away the shovel Paul .
Old Mar 20th 2006, 3:09 pm
?????????

Not while you are sitting on your arse playing with the computer they wont.
Ever heard of the expresion "cowboy builders bump up prices to rip off customers"
if you think you are digging a hole for yourself, throw away the shovel Paul .
Tut, Tut Tucs, I am here till friday.
Plus I never said I was,nt a cowboy builder, infact I freely admit to charging HUGE amounts for my services been doing it for over twenty years now and getting fat on the profits after all who do you think pays for the CORGI registration? Me!! lol behave.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 3:21 pm
Tiny Member

Tut, Tut Tucs, I am here till friday.
Plus I never said I was,nt a cowboy builder, infact I freely admit to charging HUGE amounts for my services been doing it for over twenty years now and getting fat on the profits after all who do you think pays for the CORGI registration? Me!! lol behave.
keep digging then, loads of money!!

And if you only lost £1550 by changing up your money then my math shows you didnt change very much in the first place
Maybe you should rethink your business plan and get off of that fat arse of yours (your words)

Last edited by tucs; Mar 20th 2006 at 3:26 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 4:38 pm
?????????

keep digging then, loads of money!!

And if you only lost £1550 by changing up your money then my math shows you didnt change very much in the first place
Maybe you should rethink your business plan and get off of that fat arse of yours (your words)
Never said it was Alot, but you assume as always, never said it was Everything either
As I said Tucs flying on Friday, Bought into a buisness in Qld about six months ago so dont have to work either
Going to Oz to kick back mate not graft.
Have Fun In sunny Meath mate, went there once, to see the Chili Peppers very nice
Old Mar 20th 2006, 5:05 pm
Tiny Member

Never said it was Alot, but you assume as always, never said it was Everything either
As I said Tucs flying on Friday, Bought into a buisness in Qld about six months ago so dont have to work either
Going to Oz to kick back mate not graft.
Have Fun In sunny Meath mate, went there once, to see the Chili Peppers very nice
Slane Castle?

enjoy the trip, and watch our for the storms
Old Mar 20th 2006, 5:17 pm
?????????

Slane Castle?

enjoy the trip, and watch our for the storms
Yeah Slane Castle, Brilliant venue, Best concert I have Ever seen they are doing a tour this year too, gonna miss it , BUT they are playing Sydneys big day out aswell so if I can get tickets!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.