British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   exchange rate (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/exchange-rate-367169/)

markgreeny Apr 12th 2006 5:19 pm

exchange rate

hi there well thats us visas are through flights are all booked for the 20 th of april our biggest problem is getting our money changed our agent has sent us some name s of company s and i need help sorry for being a pest but i promise this will be the last question that i will need answered has anyone heard of or used currencies direct; HIFX;or can anyone put us on to someone else that they have used and not had any problems with. big thanx Tracey :)

Wendy Apr 12th 2006 5:31 pm

Re: exchange rate

Originally Posted by markgreeny
hi there well thats us visas are through flights are all booked for the 20 th of april our biggest problem is getting our money changed our agent has sent us some name s of company s and i need help sorry for being a pest but i promise this will be the last question that i will need answered has anyone heard of or used currencies direct; HIFX;or can anyone put us on to someone else that they have used and not had any problems with. big thanx Tracey :)

Hi

Read this article. http://britishexpats.com/articles/fi...ferring-funds/

Mgilmour is a member of expats and if you have any questions he is glad to help (just PM him).

innocent bystander Apr 12th 2006 5:44 pm

We are flying out on the 19th of April and have just exchanged some currency with HIFX, this is the second time we have used them and each time have found them to be very professional, helpful and polite. I would recommed them to anyone.

Good luck with your move!!

nickyjohnt Apr 12th 2006 6:07 pm

Hello Tracey, We are using HIFX for my monthly pension transfers for the next 12 months, and one lump sum, Personally I think they have been very good for us, accepted their rate for my pension and managed a very good rate with them 2 weeks ago after watching the rates fluctuating. We are happy with what they offered us on their forward contract at $2.453. We will be watching the rates for the next couple of months for our next transfers. Its a gamble with who ever you use, Sods law if you change one day it will go up, if you don't it will go down. We think if you are happy at what you are offered take it, you can't keep thinking maybe we should hold back and wait.
Good Luck :)

Nicky & John

Hilton`s Apr 13th 2006 10:47 pm

Yes, we used HIFX and they were very good.

Tracey x