exchange rate!

Old Nov 1st 2005, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

wallabywannabies will become famous soon enoughwallabywannabies will become famous soon enough
Default exchange rate!

Ok whos found the best exchange rate?
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

bradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to all
Default Re: exchange rate!

Originally Posted by wallabywannabies
Ok whos found the best exchange rate?

Yeh, i think it once got up to around £1 = $3 a few years ago
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all

Well, its on the up. Gone up 7 cents in the last 10 days, now at $2.3750. Will we see $2.40 again, I hope so.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

I wont mind it going up AFTER I have changed my Aussie bond to English

SS
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 12:25 pm
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

I've got settlement on a plot of land and a house coming up in the next couple of weeks, so I will be hanging on and hoping right up until the last moment! 2.4 would be very nice. I don't think we'll see 2.5 for a while you. I seem to remember a few months back it got to 2.485 and then all the BIG financial dealers must have started selling as the rate shot back down again (one to remember)
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all

£ Traded over $2.38 for a while this morning, so its still heading north slowly. Not sure how much momentum it has though.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Just checked rates on HIFX and the spot rate is 2.3960!! It's jumped over 1% today (and from 2.38 to 2.3960 since about lunchtime).

One currency broker I just spoke to said he didn't know why the Aussie is weakening so much, but the Kiwi $ is down 1.4% against the £.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 3:37 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marco121068
Just checked rates on HIFX and the spot rate is 2.3960!! It's jumped over 1% today (and from 2.38 to 2.3960 since about lunchtime).

One currency broker I just spoke to said he didn't know why the Aussie is weakening so much, but the Kiwi $ is down 1.4% against the £.
keep going................keep going..................
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
keep going................keep going..................
I bottled it and set up a forward contract on a third of my dosh for 2.3942. Knew that if I did it for too much then rate was bound to go through the roof.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 11:13 am
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by marco121068
I bottled it and set up a forward contract on a third of my dosh for 2.3942. Knew that if I did it for too much then rate was bound to go through the roof.
Wise decision. I think I might opt for a stop loss very soon.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

I,m watching it like a hawk aswell.I,ve exchanged a third of my money in case it dropped.Like youcanlaugh (hi Neil) i,m exchanging on a block in a couple of weeks so timing is everything.On the whole i,m happy with the rate at the mo as it,s been hovering lower for the past couple of weeks and it seems to have shot up the last 2-3 days.2.4 would be the icing on the cake.

dave
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 11:30 am
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

Originally Posted by chippy dave
I,m watching it like a hawk aswell.I,ve exchanged a third of my money in case it dropped.Like youcanlaugh (hi Neil) i,m exchanging on a block in a couple of weeks so timing is everything.On the whole i,m happy with the rate at the mo as it,s been hovering lower for the past couple of weeks and it seems to have shot up the last 2-3 days.2.4 would be the icing on the cake.

dave
Seems Like 2.4 is the natural level for the rate these days. Its all just a big gamble I suppose....
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Originally Posted by yamahaha
Seems Like 2.4 is the natural level for the rate these days. Its all just a big gamble I suppose....

2.44 is the ten year average.i,ve just looked on the bbc market data site and it,s $2.39410.Not far off average and i don,t mind average.

I spoke to a couple on monday and when they came over they got $1.95
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 11:46 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

We have our $100,000 bond to lodge and are holding out at the mo as things are on the up ... also watching rate like a hawk ... will be gutted if it drops again. Never been one to get a buzz off a gamble it just makes me feel sick. I would have exchanged by now but OH keeps holding out .. aaaargghhh

Need a few
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 11:50 am
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

Originally Posted by chippy dave
2.44 is the ten year average.i,ve just looked on the bbc market data site and it,s $2.39410.Not far off average and i don,t mind average.

I spoke to a couple on monday and when they came over they got $1.95

Sheeeat! Id be well cheesed off with that, what a bummer eh?

Id agree, average is always good. You can spend too long trying to predict the market only to find out youve missed the bus.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.