exchange rate.

Old Apr 16th 2003, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default exchange rate.

am i correct in thinking the exchange rate is 2.5. i need advice please. shall i change my money to oz dollars now, or do you think there is hope that it might go up. we are going in 6 weeks.
Old Apr 16th 2003, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

As far as I can tell from checking out rates today, it currently stands at $2.57 to the £1.

I discovered an exchange rate forecaster site that reckons the dollar will rise to $2.60 in June and then decline again in the months following, however its anyone's guess but I shall be watching it closely.
Old Apr 16th 2003, 10:12 pm

bored_bean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PADDAD
As far as I can tell from checking out rates today, it currently stands at $2.57 to the £1.

I discovered an exchange rate forecaster site that reckons the dollar will rise to $2.60 in June and then decline again in the months following, however its anyone's guess but I shall be watching it closely.
Try http://xe.com they'll email you daily with the latest rates
http://www.fxhistory.com will give you historical exchange rates
Old Apr 16th 2003, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Great sites Bored_Bean (oops nearly said broad bean).

It seems that the exchange rate is now $2.58.

Judging by the history forecast it doesn't look like the dollar will drop very much. These are very uncertain times so I suppose anything is possible.
Old Apr 16th 2003, 10:44 pm

Great sites Bored_Bean (oops nearly said broad bean).

It seems that the exchange rate is now $2.58.

Judging by the history forecast it doesn't look like the dollar will drop very much. These are very uncertain times so I suppose anything is possible.
I made a nice excel graph that showed over the last 2 years the dollar has ranged from 2.40 to 3.00. It averages 2.70 so I guess if it's above that you're on a winner. You never know though which way it will move.
Old Apr 16th 2003, 11:01 pm
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough

Can you give me the link for the site please.
Thanks.
Old Apr 16th 2003, 11:13 pm

Originally posted by bored_bean
I made a nice excel graph that showed over the last 2 years the dollar has ranged from 2.40 to 3.00. It averages 2.70 so I guess if it's above that you're on a winner. You never know though which way it will move.
Just knocked one up that showed;
Number of days where GBP-AUD was greater than
2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 3
1202 1181 979 704 306 46 5

out of a total of 1202 days since 1 Jan 2000.

I've attached it. You should be able to get an excel viewer for free. There's a graph on a separate page.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
fxhistory.zip (39.5 KB, 58 views)
Old Apr 17th 2003, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

jambo_g is an unknown quantity at this point

Three days ago it was 2.61, now it's 2.57 aaaaaagh!!!

It's doing me nut in likes!!!

Come on baby bounce back up to 2.61 in the next fortnight!!

Graham
Old Apr 17th 2003, 2:59 pm
Tez
Forum Regular

Tez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default aussie dollar....Good Grief???????

Blimey peeps, whats happening to the bouncing dollar
everytime it goes down a cent i lose thousands of pounds
When will it bounce back upArggggggggh
Old Apr 17th 2003, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by garrisondamn
Can you give me the link for the site please.
Thanks.
Hiya Alan

I looked at quite a few but I think it was this one.

http://www.x-rates.com/cgi-bin/hlookup.cgi
Old Apr 17th 2003, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

At last I found it!

Hi Alan and anyone else who's interested

The forecaster site is the one below and not the one mentioned in my previous reply.

http://www.neatideas.com/pound.htm

Good luck
Old Apr 18th 2003, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

kevmitch is on a distinguished road

Bored Bean

Thanks for that. From my untrained eye I would suspect we're due a further reduction in the £. Everytime there has been a significant 'double dip' (as has happened over the last month), the prevailing trend has been downwards.

I would suspect the current trend will see the exchange rate hit 2.5 for a while, before any significant climb back.

Also, I read yesterday that the Aussie economy is continuing to grow strongly and inflation is rising, so any change in its interest rate is likely to be upwards, whilst those in the UK may well fall - further strengthening the Aussie $ on FX markets

Equally, if the £ is heading towards the Euro, the 'ideal' exchange rate will see a devaluation of the £ by a further 10%

Still, we all live in hope!!

Kev
Old Apr 19th 2003, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

captaincook is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to agree - the commodity currencies are in favour because of the high interest rate yields and good growth. One other thing that appears to be happening is the Kiwi is topping out and the Aussie is benefiting as there does'nt look like much chance at all now that interest rates will get cut here given the growth, drought easing, strong housing market etc etc I would say Oz will be Ok for another 6 months but once the higher aussie starts to be felt and drop exports then things will slow probably next year. I think though we could see aussie move well below 2.50 in the next few months. Just my opinion.

Originally posted by kevmitch
Bored Bean

Thanks for that. From my untrained eye I would suspect we're due a further reduction in the £. Everytime there has been a significant 'double dip' (as has happened over the last month), the prevailing trend has been downwards.

I would suspect the current trend will see the exchange rate hit 2.5 for a while, before any significant climb back.

Also, I read yesterday that the Aussie economy is continuing to grow strongly and inflation is rising, so any change in its interest rate is likely to be upwards, whilst those in the UK may well fall - further strengthening the Aussie $ on FX markets

Equally, if the £ is heading towards the Euro, the 'ideal' exchange rate will see a devaluation of the £ by a further 10%

Still, we all live in hope!!

Kev
Old Apr 24th 2003, 3:24 pm

Dollar predicted to rise further http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.a...5E1702,00.html
Have we missed all the highs of £1=$3?
Old Apr 24th 2003, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

I receive the currency update everyday and it does look like the dollar is rising again. It went down to $2.53 a couple of days ago and is $2.57 today!

We're lodging our funds next week so everything is crossed until then.

Cheers