Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

excess baggage companies how much does it really cost

excess baggage companies how much does it really cost

Old Apr 11th 2010, 3:45 pm
Aussie in Hertfordshire

moocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant future
Default excess baggage companies how much does it really cost

i am thinking of returning home soon to Aus and cannot find a website for any excess baggage company that will give me a straight answer without lots of form filling.

i want to take a second bag with me at about the same time i go home. i can send it from heathrow if need be and come and pick it up at brisbane any time after i arrive it does not have to be the same day.

has anytone else done this? roughly what did it cost?
Old Apr 11th 2010, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: excess baggage companies how much does it really cost

If you fly BA they charge £32 for extra bag if booked online.

Check out http://www.britishairways.com/travel...k/public/en_gb
Old Apr 11th 2010, 4:45 pm
Aussie in Hertfordshire

moocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant future

was thinking of going singapore airlines actually as travelling on my own with a toddler and we know this routine well.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moocow
i am thinking of returning home soon to Aus and cannot find a website for any excess baggage company that will give me a straight answer without lots of form filling.

i want to take a second bag with me at about the same time i go home. i can send it from heathrow if need be and come and pick it up at brisbane any time after i arrive it does not have to be the same day.

Almost 2 years back our son had 1 over weight suitcase so he used a company that Singapore airlines suggested, he paid some money at Heathrow but had to pay extra at Brisbane when he picked up. He said the total bill was about £200. It was cheaper than Singapore airlines over weight charge.

It did contain his new brides wedding dress etc so at the time he didn't complain.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 6:59 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Try www.wedelivertheworld.co.uk They do door to door service and they give you a quote online very quickly and easily.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 7:17 pm
Aussie in Hertfordshire

ooh thanks for that website it quoted me £136.84 with DHL door to door which is nice.

i shall have to try a couple more boxes now.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

was thinking of going singapore airlines actually as travelling on my own with a toddler and we know this routine well.
that's our preffered route too but SIA charge $60US per kilo!!!

Virgin also doing £32 per extra bag and they say you can take up to 10 bags!!!!

Think we'll seriously consider BA or Virgin based on that even tho we have to get extra connection from manchester to heathrow!

My wife cannot go for a weeks holiday with less than 28k so i hate to imagine what she'll pack for Oz!?
Old Apr 11th 2010, 7:34 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

ooh thanks for that website it quoted me £136.84 with DHL door to door which is nice.

i shall have to try a couple more boxes now.
I haven't found anyone cheaper, used them a few times now. Very quick service too.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

dor34 will become famous soon enough

Hi,

We are returning to Perth next week. We are flying from Ireland to Uk with British Midland and from there will be flying with Singapore Airlines. There will be 4 of us travelling and we will have 3 suitcases between us, can we spread the 80kg allowance between the 3 cases or does each case have to be below a certain weight?

Dor
Old Apr 11th 2010, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

We're flying BA due to the cheap extra baggage aloowance but if I recall correctly it's £32 for the first extra bag, then £72 for the second. That's per person though. Is it the same with Virgin?

Downside is we fly in 2 weeks and not sure if any more strikes are gonna be announced!
Old Apr 11th 2010, 11:15 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by dor34
Hi,

We are returning to Perth next week. We are flying from Ireland to Uk with British Midland and from there will be flying with Singapore Airlines. There will be 4 of us travelling and we will have 3 suitcases between us, can we spread the 80kg allowance between the 3 cases or does each case have to be below a certain weight?

Dor
No item/bag can weigh more than 32kg for Health and Safety reasons.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 77hil
We're flying BA due to the cheap extra baggage aloowance but if I recall correctly it's £32 for the first extra bag, then £72 for the second. That's per person though. Is it the same with Virgin?

Downside is we fly in 2 weeks and not sure if any more strikes are gonna be announced!
virgin site says all bags £32 - pricey flights tho for the dates we are looking at!
Old Apr 11th 2010, 11:23 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 77hil

I think with virgin the same fee applies to all 10 bags. Someone posted it was about £280 for 230kg!

I wouldn't be too concerned about potential BA strikes - most long haul routes still go & SYD almost certainly.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Virgin 1 way flights in Sept c£1200 vs Qantas c£600 - so need to work out is it worth it even tho odd extra bag only £32!!!???
Old Apr 11th 2010, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

BA told me that if you want the cheap extra baggage with no problems ensure on booking that all flights are BA operated and not Quantas.