Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Excess Baggage Co

Excess Baggage Co

Old Jun 22nd 2004, 5:08 pm
PommieLeague

Default Excess Baggage Co

Has anybody used this company to send personal items (not large bulky like furniture) like a PC, cds, pictures that kind of thing.
Are they any good, if not anyone else to recommend in the north area (Manchester)?

Thanks

Old Jun 22nd 2004, 8:21 pm
PommieLeague

So nobody has never used them? Surely?

Old Jun 22nd 2004, 8:28 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by Lathlain

I havent used them, it was between them and another company and in the end I decided to go with Seven Seas. Have you tried doing a search?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=237043
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyonthemove is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know much about Excess Baggage mate, I'm using Seven Seas and they seem pretty good so far. I've sent a microwave, VCR, DVD player amongst other things in a consignment of 6 biggish boxes (total cost: £370). Company seems pretty professional and I have friends who have used them before who were also impressed. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 8:31 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

We get regular shipments into our depot, from Excess, they are very reliable......DO a search on this forum, you should find lots of material on them,...................... MM
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 8:35 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Excess Baggage Co

Has anybody used this company to send personal items (not large bulky like furniture) like a PC, cds, pictures that kind of thing.
Are they any good, if not anyone else to recommend in the north area (Manchester)?

Thanks
Hi Lathlain,

I dont have any info on the excess baggage company but it might be cheaper to call the cargo dept of the airline you are flying on, they can probably put it on the same flight you are going on so you can collect it when you get there, It usually takes a day or 2 to clear customs

i should immagine it will be cheaper to send direct with the airline as the excess baggage company will probably be putting it on the same flight and be passing a handling charge on to you.

the airline I work for charge £5.06 per kilo to sydney so perth if anything should be cheaper

Cheers
kala
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

That seems pretty excessive kala, unless you are in a rush for your stuff. The boxes you send with Seven Seas etc, granted take between 8-10 weeks to get there, but can hold up to 40kg each. For 6 boxes that would be 240kgs and that only cost me £370. Sending them by air at your rate would be £1214!

If you can wait that long it maybe worth looking at shipping them by sea - unless you DID win the lottery the week you got your visa...
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 8:45 pm
PommieLeague

Thanks guys. Where are Seven Seas based?

Old Jun 22nd 2004, 8:48 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Their office is based in Kent, but I'm not that far from you and my boxes are being delivered tomorrow (could have been today if I wanted just noone around to get them)
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

They're based in Kent, but the guy who picked my boxes up last week was from the depot in Manchester. There's a £25 delivery/pick-up charge if you live outside the M25 (typical). Check out: www.sevenseas.co.uk
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Tonyonthemove
They're based in Kent, but the guy who picked my boxes up last week was from the depot in Manchester. There's a £25 delivery/pick-up charge if you live outside the M25 (typical). Check out: www.sevenseas.co.uk
Michelle will you stop typing so bloody fast! That's twice you beaten me to it on this thread alone...
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 8:51 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Michelle will you stop typing so bloody fast! That's twice you beaten me to it on this thread alone...

Sorry mate - shows that I dont have anything better to do hey
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 8:52 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

At least our replies are the same
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 8:55 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

That seems pretty excessive kala, unless you are in a rush for your stuff. The boxes you send with Seven Seas etc, granted take between 8-10 weeks to get there, but can hold up to 40kg each. For 6 boxes that would be 240kgs and that only cost me £370. Sending them by air at your rate would be £1214!

If you can wait that long it maybe worth looking at shipping them by sea - unless you DID win the lottery the week you got your visa...

yeah I suppose it is a lot in comparisson, I thought the excess baggage company sent there stuff by air but maybe they do both air and sea, and if you are sending by air anyway then direct with the airline would prob be cheaper.

Trust me I didn't win the lottery and when I go my stuff will be going by the cheapest means possible even if I have to wait 3 years for it.

Not to self -buy lottery ticket 2moro!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mlbonner
At least our replies are the same
As long as I'm not the only sad bugga on here with nowt better to do with my time... Well I'd better sign off and go watch BB5 - now that is sad. At least this time next week I'll only be about 5 hours from Singapore where there is no Marco, Victor etc etc...

Happy days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.