Excess Baggage

Old May 23rd 2008, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all
Default Excess Baggage

Was wondering if anyone had used Excess Baggage to ship their stuff?
Had them round for a quote and they seem very professional,thorough and include a free air freight box and cleaning of the container in the price.
Can anyone recommend them??
Thanks Sunbound
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:48 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by Sunbound
Had them round for a quote and they seem very professional,thorough and include a free air freight box and cleaning of the container in the price.
Thanks Sunbound
My OH, Pollyana, used them and found them quite good and reliable. Would use them again.

Last edited by The Bloke; May 23rd 2008 at 10:51 am.
Old May 23rd 2008, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

steve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Sunbound
Just to let you know that Singapore Airlines will double your baggage allowance if you fly with them on your visa validation flight (you just have to call them beforehand)

Every little helps ;-)
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steve_uk
Just to let you know that Singapore Airlines will double your baggage allowance if you fly with them on your visa validation flight (you just have to call them beforehand)

Every little helps ;-)
Hi Steve ,
Do you mean they will double it from 20 to 40Kg because you are migrating ? And do you do that once you've booked youre tickets?
Thanks thumbsup:

Last edited by Sunbound; May 23rd 2008 at 5:38 pm.
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Bloke
My OH, Pollyana, used them and found them quite good and reliable. Would use them again.
I was trying to remember where someone had mentioned it and come to think of it i remember it was Pollyana now!
They seem very professional ...but then i'm sure they all do during their quote visit!!!!
Thanks
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:39 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sunbound
we used them and it was excellent service both sides
Old May 24th 2008, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

steve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the rough

Hi Steve ,
Do you mean they will double it from 20 to 40Kg because you are migrating ? And do you do that once you've booked youre tickets?
Thanks thumbsup:

Yes if you are on your 'migrant' flight - i.e. have a visa that you havent validated yet - then once you have booked your tickets, ring them and they double your allowance to 40KG each.

At the airport we had 86KG between two of us and there was no issues.

We also found them the cheapest to fly with when we came in April 08.
Old May 24th 2008, 11:05 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve_uk
Yes if you are on your 'migrant' flight - i.e. have a visa that you havent validated yet - then once you have booked your tickets, ring them and they double your allowance to 40KG each.

At the airport we had 86KG between two of us and there was no issues.

We also found them the cheapest to fly with when we came in April 08.
we got then to confirm this via email and took the email with us

as we had read posts where they had sorted via the phone and on the day the wouldnt allow it

just a thought
Old May 24th 2008, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Sheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura aboutSheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura aboutSheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura about

Malaysian Airlines wanted £2,500 for our excess baggage!! Excess Baggage at Heathrow charged £310 - bit of a difference - everything arrived a week later spot on - highly recommended!!
Old May 25th 2008, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve`o
we got then to confirm this via email and took the email with us

as we had read posts where they had sorted via the phone and on the day the wouldnt allow it

just a thought
Thats crazy - esp if you had it in writing from them. When we got there they just rang their HQ who confirmed it on the spot, no issues whatsoever.

Did you take it further? I would have for sure.
Old May 25th 2008, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by steve`o
we used them and it was excellent service both sides
Hi Steve,
When did you use them? The only reservation i have is that they aren't Excess Baggage in Australia even though they say its a door to door service.Their insurance is standard liability only so i wont be using that.

Last edited by Sunbound; May 25th 2008 at 7:11 am.
Old May 25th 2008, 7:15 am
Worongary

Hi Steve,
When did you use them? The only reservation i have is that they aren't Excess Baggage in Australia even though they say its a door to door service.Their insurance is standard liability only so i wont be using that.
oct 06 left uk
dec 06 aus
they use grace at this end and they were really good
Old May 25th 2008, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, we used them to ship some stuff and everything arrived in good condition.

Gems
Old May 27th 2008, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

MelbourneCityRach will become famous soon enough

Hey guys, also, if you fly via the U.S. ( air new zealand has one way via los angeles for £450) you get a 46kilo baggage allowance.

Like you said, every little helps!

I've got another baggage question - I've been looking at the baggage removalists in tnt magazine - and they are all pretty similar pricewise for my baggage (5 Tea Cartons, all around £320 for this)

One company in tnt magazine, Freedom, will do 5 tea cartons for £160 - bargain - but when I called Anglo Pacific, they said not to use Freedom.

I don't know whether to trust them or not!!! Has anyone used Freedom, and was it okay?
Old May 27th 2008, 10:29 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

We used excess baggage, and yes the goods arrived safely (they lost 1 item for a day-couldnt track it anywhere) but instead of it taking 7-10 days to get to us it took a month!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.